Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
suggestions >

suggestions

suggestions

Old 02-08-2011, 09:53 AM

Bright pink look great and makes the John Deere fabric pop. But any will be beautiful. love the look so far
Old 02-08-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by bittersweet
Bright pink look great and makes the John Deere fabric pop. But any will be beautiful. love the look so far
Do you mean a bright pink like the hot pink? I may just have some somewhere .
Old 02-08-2011, 10:06 AM

Just my take but I think I would cut blocks apart ( I think that was what you meant) and sash with the light pink. Then I would use the other three for borders, starting with the green, then the flower print, then the pink polka dot working from the inside out.

As an alternative, make a compound dashing with the light pink on either side and print down middle and border with green then the polka dots.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:06 AM

Just my take but I think I would cut blocks apart ( I think that was what you meant) and sash with the light pink. Then I would use the other three for borders, starting with the green, then the flower print, then the pink polka dot working from the inside out.

As an alternative, make a compound dashing with the light pink on either side and print down middle and border with green then the polka dots.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:09 AM

OK don't kill me and I do realise that this is a foreigner's question, but why John Deere? I know they make farm equipment but why do people put it in quilts? Is it to say "I'm from a farm", or why do people choose it?
Sorry for the sidetrack!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:21 AM

I think floral
green is nice, for a baby boy or a baby girl.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Banned

I like the pink poka dot and then a green binding to tie it all together.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by bjchad

I think the white is looking green in the pic,I don't have green but did think about buying some for binding. I do have john deere green though but figured it would be too bright. I already cut the blocks into the 9 squares in the pic,it was one panel.Your idea for the borders sounds good too.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
OK don't kill me and I do realise that this is a foreigner's question, but why John Deere? I know they make farm equipment but why do people put it in quilts? Is it to say "I'm from a farm", or why do people choose it?
Sorry for the sidetrack!

John Deere as well as International among others is very popular with rural country people. You don't have to be from a farm to like it . Many men and women collect implement company items,toys,hats,dishes,curtians,I have even seen wall paper. I guess it is a small town country folk thing. The reciepient of this quilt is a baby girl her parents don't live on a farm but come from farm families. They were both very excited to be getting a John deere quilt for little Audry. They actually thought she was a boy and I was making a boy John deere quilt They found out two weeks before she was born that it was a girl. They still wanted the boy Johndeere quilt. They will be so surprized when they find out I found pink!

PS,
I do live on a farm and I am forbidden to bring International anything in the house LOL,only kidding but I know there may be a few here that get it!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:48 PM

Thanks for that explanation raedar- I guess we all have icons of one type or another in whatever society we live in. It will be a cute quilt!