Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Suggestions, Thoughts, Ideas >

Suggestions, Thoughts, Ideas

Suggestions, Thoughts, Ideas

Old 11-28-2009, 12:51 PM

If the quilts needs to be larger, could you make more blocks and then a small border of the green?
Old 11-28-2009, 12:53 PM

Forgot to say how pretty I think this is. It is just lovely/
Old 11-28-2009, 01:18 PM

Since the right side is pale yellow and the bottom is green, why not try and match the left border to the right and top border to the bottom. That way you will have yellow / green all around.

Then, if you want, you could sew in a fushia piping strip and a light brown inch border.

Just a suggestion.

edit:
I just looked at it again and absolutely love it. Instead of the light brown border, how about a light blue/white mix to match the insides of the fairy blocks...it would look like clouds in the sky...
Old 11-28-2009, 01:36 PM

Catherine Marie, thank you so much for sharing this picture of your beautiful quilt. I have the same fairy panels to make a quilt for my granddaughter. You sure provided inspiration. And I appreciate everyone's comments to keep the look soft. I won't be doing your layout, but I have a soft olive-green willow fabric that I'm using for sashing. I think it will work well. This quilt is my next big project as soon as I get a Christmas stocking and table runners done. Thanks again for sharing.

For those who are interested, I also got my fabric at Keepsake Quilting. And I also ordered the accompanying books
Old 11-28-2009, 01:53 PM

Just gorgeous. The fairy blocks are so cute.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Power Poster

Ooooo Ahhhhh I LOVE this quilt!!! You did an amazing job on choosing the perfect fabrics!!! :D :D :D
I like the idea of a brown border to match the tree branches...then maybe a wider border of one of the softer shades and bind in brown. It is so soft looking now, and adding a bright to it may stand out too much. The suggestion to make matching pillows, picking up some of the fuschia would be a lovely way of adding some brighter color in.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:26 PM

Don't touch it!! It is amazing!! Just stitch it up and quilt it.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:43 PM

This is one of the nicest Attic Windows I have seen. Must be your colors. Persoannly I like the color fusia, but not sure i would want too much in your quilt. Unless you too a small width and put it around quilt b/4 you put binding on. I like to take a small width, fold itin half and sew it alond the outside of quilt, and it gives it a different look.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:46 PM

Where did this fabric come from? Funny story. I saw it online but didn't want to order it that way. Tried to find it here in my area (Ontario, Canada) with no luck. Have friends in Baltimore so I phoned the Seminole Sampler there and they were soooo helpful. I ordered, paid for it and my friend picked up the material. We connected in Colonial Williamsburg and I collected it there. This material has traveled across two countries! Since then, I've seen it everywhere here at home. If you are from the Southern Ontario area, then a place called Lens Mills has it and in more colours and different series of fairies. They have a fairy Christmas theme, too.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:55 PM

Oh, I'll bet Christmas fairies are gorgeous!!