Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Texas is beautiful, but this quilt is not >

Texas is beautiful, but this quilt is not

Texas is beautiful, but this quilt is not

Old 04-08-2010, 05:17 PM

What's wrong with it? I think it's great.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:19 PM

To bad you feel that way, its quite nice.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:30 PM

Sometimes when you work real hard on a quilt, you can't see the forest for the trees because you have spent so much time so close to it. Don't look at it for a few days, then suddenly walk in a room and see it spread out. You will love it! I'm a Texan and I say y'all did a fantastic job!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:34 PM

Fabulous! I like the idea of adding embellishments or appliques as you go - if you really think it needs something else.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:44 PM

since it is 90X90 you both can snuggle up under it. Problem solved. By the way I think it is beautiful and those cowboy boot fabric are sure cute. Did you quilt it? How wonderful you made your sweetie the first thing on your new machine. ...POP some pop corn and put in a romantic movie and enjoy your cuddling quilt!

Go easy on your self! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-08-2010, 05:49 PM

Texan here, too, and I think it's great!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Google Goddess

did you see the quilt on this thread

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-42142-1.htm#944516

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
This quilt is a total disappointment. It's not what I had envisioned at all. It's had every kind of problem you can imagine and I'm just so glad it's done. I feel terrible because it was supposed to be for my husband, but I told him I will make him a better one soon. Of course he assures me that this one is great and he loves it, but I know better. He can't fool me. :) (I made him this one because shortly after he bought me my new Bernina he asked if I would make him a "Texas quilt". He didn't give me any ideas of what he wanted, just something to do with Texas. He was born and raised in East Texas and is still a Texan at heart.)

It's waaaaay bigger than I wanted but that's my own fault. I bought the pattern from a lady over the phone and she just mentioned if I wanted it to be quilt size (not wall hanging size) I should make the squares 4 1/2". Did I bother I compute how big that would make this quilt though? Noooooo. :P I had planned some borders but after getting just the squares done, I decided against the borders, even though it would look better with them.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
since it is 90X90 you both can snuggle up under it. Problem solved. By the way I think it is beautiful and those cowboy boot fabric are sure cute. Did you quilt it? How wonderful you made your sweetie the first thing on your new machine. ...POP some pop corn and put in a romantic movie and enjoy your cuddling quilt!

Go easy on your self! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
LoL, it's definitely big enough for both of us to snuggle under, and probably the three kids too! :)

I did quilt it. It's just an all over large meandering design. Quick and easy. :)

Wanted to add that you Texans crack me up. There isn't another state in the US where the citizens love it more than y'all love your state. I love it over there too so I understand why you're proud of it. :)
Old 04-08-2010, 06:25 PM

I think it's just fine the way it is! Great job!! Your DH loves it and you made it especially for him so it's just what he wants! It's nothing like a blob!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:17 PM

You are being way to hard on yourself :( Your quilt is beautiful and of course your husband loves it .... what's not to love?! True you had a picture in your minds eye and the quilt didn't live up to that for you, but we didn't have that picture to judge it by and we all think you did great :thumbup: