Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Texas is beautiful, but this quilt is not >

Texas is beautiful, but this quilt is not

Texas is beautiful, but this quilt is not

Old 04-08-2010, 07:26 PM

i don't think 90 x 90 is too big for a king at all. by the time two bodies get into it and the edges get pulled up, you'll be glad you have that size. as it is, it gives you only a 5"+ overhang. any smaller would give you none at all.

very nice and great work and can't get any more texas than that, can you? yeehaw :thumbup:

EDIT: a king top is 78 across and 80 down. so a 90 quilt across isn't that much.
can you make a new jersey quilt? same size, please.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:30 PM

This Texan thinks it's great! Very "stylized" Texas.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:41 PM

I love your Texas quilt. The Red, White and Blue is a nice touch especially in these troubled uncertain times. Great job. Love it.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
since it is 90X90 you both can snuggle up under it. Problem solved. By the way I think it is beautiful and those cowboy boot fabric are sure cute. Did you quilt it? How wonderful you made your sweetie the first thing on your new machine. ...POP some pop corn and put in a romantic movie and enjoy your cuddling quilt!

Go easy on your self! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
LoL, it's definitely big enough for both of us to snuggle under, and probably the three kids too! :)

I did quilt it. It's just an all over large meandering design. Quick and easy. :)

Wanted to add that you Texans crack me up. There isn't another state in the US where the citizens love it more than y'all love your state. I love it over there too so I understand why you're proud of it. :)
UM we Alaskan's are pretty fond of our GORGEOUS state. :lol: This place is on more bucket lists than Texas, sooooo neener neener :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-08-2010, 10:04 PM

Actually I love that quilt!!! It represents Texas so wonderfully, and your color selections are wonderful!!! I don't know why you are disappointed. It came out great!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:49 PM

I think you did an awesome job! I love it!!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:36 AM

I think it's great! With quilts most times, the bigger they are, the better! I know we're supposed to be critical of our work, but that's only to a point. Remember to give yourself more credit than critiques :)
Old 04-09-2010, 02:36 AM

I think it is beautiful!!

Kyia
Old 04-09-2010, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
since it is 90X90 you both can snuggle up under it. Problem solved. By the way I think it is beautiful and those cowboy boot fabric are sure cute. Did you quilt it? How wonderful you made your sweetie the first thing on your new machine. ...POP some pop corn and put in a romantic movie and enjoy your cuddling quilt!

Go easy on your self! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
LoL, it's definitely big enough for both of us to snuggle under, and probably the three kids too! :)

I did quilt it. It's just an all over large meandering design. Quick and easy. :)

Wanted to add that you Texans crack me up. There isn't another state in the US where the citizens love it more than y'all love your state. I love it over there too so I understand why you're proud of it. :)
UM we Alaskan's are pretty fond of our GORGEOUS state. :lol: This place is on more bucket lists than Texas, sooooo neener neener :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I lived for 3 years in Anchorage so I'm very aware of how much Alaskans love their state. They always say, "Cut Alaska in half and Texas would be the third largest state." :)

My mom lives back in Anchorage now. She lived for some time in Sitka but then moved to Anchorage. She's actually coming down Monday to visit her grandbabies. We're all looking forward to it.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
i don't think 90 x 90 is too big for a king at all. by the time two bodies get into it and the edges get pulled up, you'll be glad you have that size. as it is, it gives you only a 5"+ overhang. any smaller would give you none at all.

very nice and great work and can't get any more texas than that, can you? yeehaw :thumbup:

EDIT: a king top is 78 across and 80 down. so a 90 quilt across isn't that much.
can you make a new jersey quilt? same size, please.
Well it wasn't supposed to be a kind quilt, or a queen at that. It was supposed to be a couch quilt. :) I just didn't bother figuring out how big it was going to end up when I increased the square size. Have no idea why, just goofy I guess.

Thank you all for your kind words. I am too critical of my own work, always have been. I need to learn to break out of that. I see other people's stuff and want to make something like it, but mine never comes out like theirs. Everyone's work is original so I need to learn to love my work as well as other people's. I think we all are guilty of being too hard on ourselves though. :)