Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Texas Wildflower OBW >

Texas Wildflower OBW

Texas Wildflower OBW

Old 10-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Power Poster

It worked well with both the ones that I just did, as you are supposed to sort of blend from one color to another, it shows blocks that are glaringly in the wrong place, you don't have to print it photo quality or anything, I just used the lazer jet on normal paper, full sheet and went from there.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:02 AM

OBW???? I know stack n' whack, but I don't know OBW? Oh By the Way? Obnoxious Building Whacked? Object Being Wrangled? Oh But Why?

(I really am serious, just having a little fun. Sometimes the abbreviations take me awhile to figure out. :oops: )

I love the blocks though. I am a big fan of stack n' whack in whatever form. One of my favorites right now is four patch posie that you make up any size according to the size of the material pattern you are working with. I should post some of mine....hmmm, another computer challenge!
Old 10-11-2009, 04:37 AM
Banned

obw = one block wonders

oooooooo the blocks are gorgeous :D
Old 10-11-2009, 04:40 AM

Those are gorgeous!!! The fabric is lovely.Would love to see your progress on this.

OBW--another thing I'd like to try.....never live long enough to try it all. (sigh)

ranger
Old 10-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by juneeloonee
OBW???? I know stack n' whack, but I don't know OBW? Oh By the Way? Obnoxious Building Whacked? Object Being Wrangled? Oh But Why?

I love the blocks though. I am a big fan of stack n' whack in whatever form. One of my favorites right now is four patch posie that you make up any size according to the size of the material pattern you are working with. I should post some of mine....hmmm, another computer challenge!

Hey Juneeloonee (you'll be right at home with this group if your name fits! :P :P ) OBW is One Block Wonders. I've never heard of 4 patch posie. Tell me more! Please.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:28 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Gai I love the way that fabric is splitting into the blues, red/oranges and greens. It's going to be beautimous! And Tuffy looks like the cat that go the cream! :D
Old 10-11-2009, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by ranger
Those are gorgeous!!! The fabric is lovely.Would love to see your progress on this.

OBW--another thing I'd like to try.....never live long enough to try it all. (sigh)

ranger
Ranger if you don't get to try them all, at least try this one! You will be so glad you did.

I have some 3D glasses that came with my grand daughters coloring book and I use the red side to see if something stands out where it shouldn't be too. I am lucky to have no inside pets so mine stays on the living room floor for a few days while I move blocks around. You can also use a flannel sheet under them and fold it up if you have to put them away for while. Most of them will stay in place.

I hope we get pics of the 4 Patch Posies soon. I have that pattern but still haven't made it. That might be just the thing for some fall leaves I'm about to cut for Dad.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:07 AM

These blocks really are "wonders" to behold. I just love looking at them!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:03 AM

I hadn't heard of four patch posie either, so I googled and found this slideshow...
http://good-times.webshots.com/slide...62979143ouSfBF

Oh no, it looks like I need to add another project to my LONG list!
Old 10-11-2009, 02:18 PM

OMG Those are gorgeous!!!I have that fabric. I've done two OBW's but never thought of using that fabric.. Great job!