Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
too pretty? >

too pretty?

too pretty?

Old 01-15-2011, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by M.I.Late
It's so funny to me how most quilters believe every quilt needs to "pop". I have to admit, I'm just not one of them. I love that it's very soft and feminine just the way it is. I have to tell you, the only thing I would do is add a white very narrow strip all the way around it to separate the borders from the quilt. So the green isn't next to the green, etc. A narrow white strip as the first border is all I would change. I would bind it with that precious pink with the tiny dot. I adore it, soft and feminine with out any pop...
Gayle
I so agree, that is why I said it was pretty as is. I do however like your suggestion of separating the borders with a thin white strip. Good suggestion! Normally I like to add fabric to make the quilt "pop" too but with this quilt it is nice and soft and pretty as is. It doesn't need to pop.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Banned

I love the soft pretty look.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:39 PM

I got the fabric at the Houston Quilt Show from Fabric Cafe. They bundle 3 one-yard cuts of fabric together and I got 3 different bundles. A free quilt pattern comes with each bundle, but I'm not using one of their patterns here except in general to figure out how many rows and what size borders. I like looking at what they put together on that site - some combinations I wouldn't have thought of that I find I really like.

But ... looks different in a rolled up bundle than spread out on my cutting mat! Thanks again for all the suggestions. I still love the soft girliness, but will lay out more rows together on my Design Bed before I decide.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:48 PM

I like it the way it is. I think any of the suggestions would also work, so......it's up to you to decide.
The quilting will add a lot to it. I love the soft look of it! :thumbup: :-D
Old 01-16-2011, 04:03 AM

I like it just the way it is...very calming and beautiful...
Old 01-16-2011, 04:15 AM

it's so pretty as is. If you feel a need to add something, perhaps a gaggle of yo-yo's in one corner? Even in the same fabrics you are using, maintaining your soft and pretty theme. I like the soft look to it. You've chosen Beautiful fabrics and colors.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:19 AM
BMP

Originally Posted by M.I.Late
It's so funny to me how most quilters believe every quilt needs to "pop". I have to admit, I'm just not one of them. I love that it's very soft and feminine just the way it is. I have to tell you, the only thing I would do is add a white very narrow strip all the way around it to separate the borders from the quilt. So the green isn't next to the green, etc. A narrow white strip as the first border is all I would change. I would bind it with that precious pink with the tiny dot. I adore it, soft and feminine with out any pop...
Gayle
I agree...its very pretty soft and baby like....
Old 01-16-2011, 04:22 AM

I love it like it is--PERFECT colors for a first girl! It's calming. The only suggestion I have is to bind it in the green--dark colors along the edge seem to frame. Well done!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:27 AM

I would use the borders you have and use the binding to get the look you want, and I think it should be a darker green or maybe you can find a darker flower print with hotter pink and darker green. Let us know what you decided with a picture of the finished product. cant wait
Old 01-16-2011, 04:30 AM

i love it.....very feminine