Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trash to Treasures

Really like the use of the ties in the Bow Tie Quilt and you certainly make good the recycling bit. Y When I thing of all the stuff that I throw away....well, now where would I put those items until I can get around to them? You do great work.

I would tack it together with embroidery floss the same color of tie on the white pieces, use all six strands

:thumbup: I absolutely love it.Great job.I too love to recycle.I just can not bring myself to throw things away when it can be reused somehow. :-)

oh, my! So inspirational! Jeans are WONDERFUL!
    And, your work is really GOOD!

WOW! I am very impressed with your ideas and wonderful recycling. Compliments galore.

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    The neck tie quilt is an inspiration to me. A couple of years ago my DH's cousin gave me a plastic tote full of ties her mother (who had gone to Heaven)had saved up to make purses. It also had a partially finished purse and a pattern. But I heard about making quilts out of them, and now I may follow your lead. It's not high on my list of things to do, though, and the box sits behind my work table out of sight....and out of mind for now.
    Purses made from ties....I dont think I ever heard of that....hmm I bet that would be beautiful!!

Margie

I'm thrilled with all the new ideas for recycling already used and loved clothing pieces that no longer fit or are stylish...love the jeans Christmas socks. Bet they'd be great for the Socks for Soldiers program for next year. Thank you one and all for sharing your great ideas.

Wow what great ideas and so clever. I love all of them

I am so in awe of your greenery! I love to recycle.
    I used to have a whole bunch of used jeans but they were taking up space and I didn't know what I was going to do with them, so I cut off all the seams and made rags for my DH.
    I guess they were recycled...they were his, but now, I will make some grocery bags and maybe a small purse for my tote and such.
    How creative! Thank you for showing these pics and for all the ideas. Jean-green bags, how neat! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia's Gramy
    I also recyle neck ties. This quilt has 215 different ties in it. I can't decide how to quilt it. Suggestions are welcomed.
    Curious to the size of the tie quilt. I have 226 ties but haven't even thought about about a quilt yet, because I didn't think I had enough yet.

I also recyle neck ties. This quilt has 215 different ties in it. I can't decide how to quilt it. Suggestions are welcomed.
    Curious to the size of the tie quilt. I have 226 ties but haven't even thought about about a quilt yet, because I didn't think I had enough ties yet.

Blog Entries
    I think I used 215 different ties for the quilt. It's 90x90. Even the white is silk. It was a bed sheet.

I think I used 215 different ties for the quilt. It's 90x90. Even the white is silk. It was a bed sheet.
    Thanks! Very nice!!

I love your work and your ethic! The silk tie quilt is gorgeous and the denim pieces and the waistcoat are fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing the pics. all very inspirational.

These are all really nice and soooo clever. Great way to recycle, save money and give gifts or have "new" things for yourself. Thanks so much for sharing the ideas!

Love them all...can you share the name of the blue jean jumper pattern? I really like it...thank you...

We're big on recycling and you've done a wonderful job. Everything is great!

You have been very busy recycling and quilting. Kudos to you.
    Neat tie quilt. Not sure how you would quilt it, but I'm sure someone will have a good idea.

I have 15 legs of jeans that are cut, washed and ready to sew. Found them awhile back and thought about a quilt for some guys in my life - 1 older nephew and 3 grandsons, 13, 4. and 5. Love the idea of little stockings and purses. have thought about making a rain fence quilt, due to variations in jean colors. Saw a cathedral window quilt, but, that is froo-froo for guys I think, and would not hold up as well.

Anyone read the big scandal going on in Denver with our Gov.? Gov Ritter.

You have done an outstanding job on all your projects, I admire you for recycling like that , way to go!!!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    You are amazing!

You are so crafty and look at all the blue jeans, neck ties, etc. that you've saved for another day. Enjoyed the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers
    I'm thrilled with all the new ideas for recycling already used and loved clothing pieces that no longer fit or are stylish...love the jeans Christmas socks. Bet they'd be great for the Socks for Soldiers program for next year. Thank you one and all for sharing your great ideas.
    You do have me on your list for Christmas socks next year, correct? I have your notice bookmarked on my board list, and it is so nice to have you mention it from time to time ... Good job!

Blog Entries
    The jumper pattern I used if from Junk-Jeans Recycled by Luveta Nickels. She has a lot of pattern books. I've met her several times at sewing expos. She is a neat person and has a passion for recyeling jeans.

Wonderful ....thank you for the info....have a great day :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast