Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A tribute quilt for Becky

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony
    What a nice thing for you (and for her!) to have done! My daughter went to Chapman for a couple of years, and I know that fountain well! You're right in my neck of the woods!

:D Harmony...why not join us some Wednesday evening? Since it's getting dark sooner...we meet at the plaza at 5:30pm...but as soon as the time changes, we will retire the flag at 5pm...we'd love, love, love it if you and yours would come on over! :-D

Kudos to Becky and all of you.

How very sweet -- both:)

Blog Entries
    Is this the same ceremoney that has been done by a gentleman for the past 38 years? I just got an email with his story. He bought the property with the agreement that he would continue doing the ceremony that was started by the seller of the property... Hundreds of people show up for this event weekly. They fly flags of fallen heroes... any war/conflict where an American has given his/her life. A wonderful tribute to our brave men and women who sacrifice their all for this country.

That is such a wonderful thing to do for Becky, a beautiful girl!

Quote Originally Posted by smagruder
    Is this the same ceremoney that has been done by a gentleman for the past 38 years? I just got an email with his story. He bought the property with the agreement that he would continue doing the ceremony that was started by the seller of the property... Hundreds of people show up for this event weekly. They fly flags of fallen heroes... any war/conflict where an American has given his/her life. A wonderful tribute to our brave men and women who sacrifice their all for this country.
    No, not here in Orange, CA...I've not heard the story you speak about...certainly would like a copy of that email...if you send me a private message I will give you my yahoo addy if you don't mind sharing...thanks!

that is so wonderful. congrats to you both for giving of yourselves for others. Thank You.

Great gift. I make lap robes every year for Christmas. Last year I got 34 done. Working on them for this year. Just love what you did for her. Know she will enjoy it for a long time.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing this inspiring moment!!

What a wonderful young lady she is and this is Unheard of nowadays with the majority of youth wanting to 'live for themselves'...she truly is a gem! And so are you for making this wonderful quilt, love the creative motif of the yellow ribbon! Great job to both of you!...What a blessing it is for you to have such a wonderful community where you live! I can tell you contribute much to the cause of community!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Quote Originally Posted by Keepmelaffn
    Quote Originally Posted by smagruder
    No, not here in Orange, CA...I've not heard the story you speak about...certainly would like a copy of that email...if you send me a private message I will give you my yahoo addy if you don't mind sharing...thanks!
    I think that ceremony is in the New Jersey shore area (beach area)...it's the North Eastern part of the USA. And yeah, it's been going on for 38yrs...I hope they continue on long after his passing. A great tradition that needs to be continued all throughout our great nation as every state has it's heros that need to be honored!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Blog Entries
    What a beautiful gesture .... by both you and your friend Becky!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfkitty
    How wonderful! I love the 'Tie a yellow ribbon' quilt! And what a beautiful young lady she is! Kudos to both of you!
    I salute both of you as Patriots.
    Wonderful to see that respect in one so young, too.

What a wonderful quilt for a dedicated student!

Is the pattern available on-line? It looks like something that would be fitting for someone I know...

What a wonderfull young lady and what a nice thing for you to do for her. Bless you both.

Awesome story

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2