Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
A tribute quilt  for Becky >

A tribute quilt for Becky

A tribute quilt for Becky

Old 10-22-2010, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by smagruder
Is this the same ceremoney that has been done by a gentleman for the past 38 years? I just got an email with his story. He bought the property with the agreement that he would continue doing the ceremony that was started by the seller of the property... Hundreds of people show up for this event weekly. They fly flags of fallen heroes... any war/conflict where an American has given his/her life. A wonderful tribute to our brave men and women who sacrifice their all for this country.
No, not here in Orange, CA...I've not heard the story you speak about...certainly would like a copy of that email...if you send me a private message I will give you my yahoo addy if you don't mind sharing...thanks!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:26 AM

that is so wonderful. congrats to you both for giving of yourselves for others. Thank You.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:06 PM

Great gift. I make lap robes every year for Christmas. Last year I got 34 done. Working on them for this year. Just love what you did for her. Know she will enjoy it for a long time.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:08 PM

Thank you for sharing this inspiring moment!!
Old 10-22-2010, 04:13 PM

What a wonderful young lady she is and this is Unheard of nowadays with the majority of youth wanting to 'live for themselves'...she truly is a gem! And so are you for making this wonderful quilt, love the creative motif of the yellow ribbon! Great job to both of you!...What a blessing it is for you to have such a wonderful community where you live! I can tell you contribute much to the cause of community!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 10-22-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Keepmelaffn
Originally Posted by smagruder
Is this the same ceremoney that has been done by a gentleman for the past 38 years? I just got an email with his story. He bought the property with the agreement that he would continue doing the ceremony that was started by the seller of the property... Hundreds of people show up for this event weekly. They fly flags of fallen heroes... any war/conflict where an American has given his/her life. A wonderful tribute to our brave men and women who sacrifice their all for this country.
No, not here in Orange, CA...I've not heard the story you speak about...certainly would like a copy of that email...if you send me a private message I will give you my yahoo addy if you don't mind sharing...thanks!
I think that ceremony is in the New Jersey shore area (beach area)...it's the North Eastern part of the USA. And yeah, it's been going on for 38yrs...I hope they continue on long after his passing. A great tradition that needs to be continued all throughout our great nation as every state has it's heros that need to be honored!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 10-22-2010, 06:02 PM

What a beautiful gesture .... by both you and your friend Becky!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by wolfkitty
How wonderful! I love the 'Tie a yellow ribbon' quilt! And what a beautiful young lady she is! Kudos to both of you!
I salute both of you as Patriots.
Wonderful to see that respect in one so young, too.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:58 PM

What a wonderful quilt for a dedicated student!

Is the pattern available on-line? It looks like something that would be fitting for someone I know...
Old 10-23-2010, 04:17 PM

What a wonderfull young lady and what a nice thing for you to do for her. Bless you both.