Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: True Lovers Knot top completed, now how do I quilt it??

AMAZING QUILT...great job. I have no idea how to quilt it. I am sure you will figure out something perfect!

What a gorgeous quilt! Great job.

That is one of the most amazing quilts i have ever seen. Generally curved quilting goes well with straight lines. This may be the exception. I wouldn't want anything to blurr those beautiful strait lines. I think it needs quilting in the ditch, only. You must have made lots of quilts if you can give this masterpiece away. You are very generous.

That is one of the most amazing quilts i have ever seen. Generally curved quilting goes well with straight lines. This may be the exception. I wouldn't want anything to blurr those beautiful straight lines. I think it needs quilting in the ditch, only. You must have made lots of quilts if you can give this masterpiece away. You are very generous.

oh my,, it's gorgeous! no help on quilting issue

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Beautiful quilt! Even though many like to offset straight linear piecing with curved quilting I would prefer to emphasize you beautiful piecing by mimicing the lovers knot in the quilting. I would do a kind of SID but where the lovers knot is supposed to be going over/under I would quilt it that way just like celtic knots.
    I agree - the design is angular, so would benefit from a complementary style for quilting. The edge could withstand the typical Ancient Greek angular pattern around the edge if you didn't want to come at doing miniature lover's knot patterns around the edge.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt. So pretty. Good job. Don't have a clue as to the quilting. I mainly shadow quilt.

that is great

Quote Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
    Beautiful quilt! Even though many like to offset straight linear piecing with curved quilting I would prefer to emphasize you beautiful piecing by mimicing the lovers knot in the quilting. I would do a kind of SID but where the lovers knot is supposed to be going over/under I would quilt it that way just like celtic knots.
    Most definately do it this way. Highlight your work.. And may I say what wonderful workings.
    same here. i would carefully stitch right down the center of each line in the color of that stripe. a lot of work, i know, but the end result would be spectacular. or rather, more spectacular! wonderful work.

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    I have a long arm but I think I'd send this one to Charisma!

Beautiful quilt! Was it as difficult as it looks?

OMG That is Beautiful!!!

Gorgeous! Not sure how to quilt it though. You will get lots of great ideas!

Beautiful quilt. No advice for the quilting. All I can think of is stitching in the ditch around the squares. That might drive you crazy before you could finish it though. Might make it too heavy with quilting too. Could you please tell me the name of the pattern of the quilt behind the lover's knot and the one in your avavtar? So beautiful. My love is hand applique.
    Robin in TX

lue
    This is so beautiful you could quilt it anyway you like and you couldn't damage it!! WOW! And the one behind it (and in your avatar) is equally as lovely. Please post some other things you've done! How long did it take you to make this one?

Wow! How long did it take you to make it?

Beautiful quilt..love the colors...

Beautiful quilt! Even though many like to offset straight linear piecing with curved quilting I would prefer to emphasize you beautiful piecing by mimicking the lovers knot in the quilting. I would do a kind of SID but where the lovers knot is supposed to be going over/under I would quilt it that way just like celtic knots.
    Most definitely do it this way. Highlight your work.. And may I say what wonderful workings.
    I agree...beautiful quilt! Instead of true SID, I would quilt 1/4" on either side of your seams on your blocks. Can you mimic the block design in the border? Please post a picture of the quilting when you do it!

QM
    Brilliant work.

To my thinking, you would be best served either doing a meander or going to the other extreme and mimic the pattern with your quilting. I think it would be a mistake to do anything that fights with your basic design.

Just Awesome!!

That is amazing :)

Most definately do it this way. Highlight your work.. And may I say what wonderful workings.
    I totally agree. Beautiful. Maybe with twin needles.

awesome, great job.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely Stunning!!!

WOW! What a lucky groom and bride to receive this treasure as a wedding present.

Your quilt is gorgeous!! When the pattern is busy I usually meander in gentle curves so as not to take away from the beautiful piecing. Great job!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast