Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
'True' scrappy Jacob's Ladder is all done!..well nearly..(Instructions at post #332) >

'True' scrappy Jacob's Ladder is all done!..well nearly..(Instructions at post #332)

'True' scrappy Jacob's Ladder is all done!..well nearly..(Instructions at post #332)

Old 09-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by PBS
Oh, that is soooooo pretty! I LOVE it! Did you follow any sort of pattern (besides Jacob's Ladder)? I'd love to make a scrappy quilt but am so afraid the colors won't go together! You did an awesome job!!!!!!
You don't have to worry about 'colours' just how much they contrast together, so just think small..this is made with 4 patches and Half Squared Triangles. Concentrate on creating as much contrast between the lights and darks as you can. I used a whole range of fabrics and designs, didn't give a hoot what they were as long as they stood out from each other. When I put the 4 patches and HST's together in a block, I made sure I had a couple of brights included for a good overall mix when the quilt was put together.

Just focus on the small parts of the quilt and the overall design will blend all on it's own..trust me!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-19-2011, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by pippa45
Well done, I just love it.
Keep up the great work.
Thanks Pippa!

I have just finished a cushion (In picture section) and I am busy planning my next project, may even start it this afternoon!... they don't call me Busy Izy for nothing tee hee!!

:-D :-D :-D
So what's the next project?? I can't keep up with you!!!!
:lol:
Old 09-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Originally Posted by Izy
Keep up the great work.
Thanks Pippa!

I have just finished a cushion (In picture section) and I am busy planning my next project, may even start it this afternoon!... they don't call me Busy Izy for nothing tee hee!!

I told you...didn't I??? Applique Lily quilt Version 2!!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by dragonfly south
My goal for future wedding quilts is to attack my "stash" and make them from there... wow!
Making this quilt has shown me just what you can do with what is to hand Dragonfly, I am not in a position to buy designer fabrics for a specific pattern, as I have built my stash up from recycled clothing and bargains on ebay, all hotch potch mostly. So if I can do it then you surely can

:D :D :D :thumbup:
Old 09-19-2011, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by Izy
Keep up the great work.
Thanks Pippa!

:oops: sorry.....yes you did!!!! Duh! Been to bed since them!!
Old 09-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by Izy
Keep up the great work.
Thanks Pippa!

:oops: sorry.....yes you did!!!! Duh! Been to bed since them!!
You've got the 'forgetful' bug off me I think!!! :lol:
Old 09-20-2011, 01:14 PM

Izy, that is an awesome quilt. Scrappy is my very favorite color scheme! I figure if you use enough different fabrics, then you don't have to worry about whether or not it's the right "style" of fabric. The overall effect is fantastic! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Quilting Board. (Don't think I've seen a post with 25 pages of responses before--a sure sign you did a fine thing!) Keep up the good work.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Kas

Wow! That is very pretty! And what a lot of triangles. I think I would be pulling my hair out before I got half done!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by GrandmaLiz
Izy, that is an awesome quilt. Scrappy is my very favorite color scheme! I figure if you use enough different fabrics, then you don't have to worry about whether or not it's the right "style" of fabric. The overall effect is fantastic! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Quilting Board. (Don't think I've seen a post with 25 pages of responses before--a sure sign you did a fine thing!) Keep up the good work.
Oh bless you Liz, I am rather proud of this one and everything you say I discovered to be true while making this quilt! Thanks!

:D :D :D
Old 09-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by Kas
Wow! That is very pretty! And what a lot of triangles. I think I would be pulling my hair out before I got half done!
Well I did it the easy way by stitching two squares together, draw a line diagonally the stitching 1/4" away from line down both sides, cut in half THEN trimmed up to make sure they were perfectly square and after a while...made sure the diagonal seam goes straight into each corner...not even a smidging off or they won't line up! (ask me how I know that??? :lol: :roll:) So you see...practice makes perfect, which, by the way, a lot of mine aren't!! ;)

Thank you for your lovely comment! :thumbup: