Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
'True' scrappy Jacob's Ladder is all done!..well nearly..(Instructions at post #332) >

'True' scrappy Jacob's Ladder is all done!..well nearly..(Instructions at post #332)

'True' scrappy Jacob's Ladder is all done!..well nearly..(Instructions at post #332)

Old 09-20-2011, 06:09 PM

That is really nice!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:12 AM
PBS

Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by PBS
Oh, that is soooooo pretty! I LOVE it! Did you follow any sort of pattern (besides Jacob's Ladder)? I'd love to make a scrappy quilt but am so afraid the colors won't go together! You did an awesome job!!!!!!
You don't have to worry about 'colours' just how much they contrast together, so just think small..this is made with 4 patches and Half Squared Triangles. Concentrate on creating as much contrast between the lights and darks as you can. I used a whole range of fabrics and designs, didn't give a hoot what they were as long as they stood out from each other. When I put the 4 patches and HST's together in a block, I made sure I had a couple of brights included for a good overall mix when the quilt was put together.

Just focus on the small parts of the quilt and the overall design will blend all on it's own..trust me!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
That sounds easy enough! I'm anxious to give this a try but not until I finish a project for my seven grandchildren (a jean quilt for each of them! Never again!! What a project!) On a good note, I'm adding lots and lots to my stash!!!!!!!! Thanks for your encouragement, Izy :D
Old 09-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by PBS
Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by PBS
Oh, that is soooooo pretty! I LOVE it! Did you follow any sort of pattern (besides Jacob's Ladder)? I'd love to make a scrappy quilt but am so afraid the colors won't go together! You did an awesome job!!!!!!
You don't have to worry about 'colours' just how much they contrast together, so just think small..this is made with 4 patches and Half Squared Triangles. Concentrate on creating as much contrast between the lights and darks as you can. I used a whole range of fabrics and designs, didn't give a hoot what they were as long as they stood out from each other. When I put the 4 patches and HST's together in a block, I made sure I had a couple of brights included for a good overall mix when the quilt was put together.

Just focus on the small parts of the quilt and the overall design will blend all on it's own..trust me!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
That sounds easy enough! I'm anxious to give this a try but not until I finish a project for my seven grandchildren (a jean quilt for each of them! Never again!! What a project!) On a good note, I'm adding lots and lots to my stash!!!!!!!! Thanks for your encouragement, Izy :D
I can't wait to see what you make and it is only right that I encourage others as I have been encouraged here by all my quilty friends! :-D :-D :-D
Old 09-22-2011, 05:54 AM

That is so very pretty,
Old 09-22-2011, 05:56 AM

Just Beautiful!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by GGJudy
Just Beautiful!
Thanks so much! I love your Avatar quilt too! :thumbup:
Old 09-23-2011, 05:06 AM

Love the Jacob's ladder. I had never done one and tried to copy yours with my scraps. I think it will be great if and when I ever finish it. I really love your border. I must admit I had to do some ripping to get things going the right direction. My wrist is still in a cast so I am doing lots of little projects but not up to dragging around a larger quilt or gripping enough for FMQ - that may be a while. I have done some Christmas blocks and table toppers. Also started enough UFOs and WIPs to last a while!!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:54 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by gramto4
Love the Jacob's ladder. I had never done one and tried to copy yours with my scraps. I think it will be great if and when I ever finish it. I really love your border. I must admit I had to do some ripping to get things going the right direction. My wrist is still in a cast so I am doing lots of little projects but not up to dragging around a larger quilt or gripping enough for FMQ - that may be a while. I have done some Christmas blocks and table toppers. Also started enough UFOs and WIPs to last a while!!
Well done, especially as you are hindered by a cast! I hope you post pictures of your latest projects soon!

:-D :-D :-D
Old 09-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

Love it.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:11 AM

Fabulous! How bright and pretty without being too busy! Great job!