Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: 'Turning over a new leaf' OBW

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Thanks so much for the link!
    All I can say is holy gamoly-kudos to you. Just looking at how it is made scares me!
    Hugs
    April

:lol: It's not that hard, really! Just a case of keeping all the pieces in order. I just laid them out and picked up, sewed and put back in place as I went along. You also need a 60 triangle to cut out the pieces. :-D

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    :lol: It's not that hard, really! Just a case of keeping all the pieces in order. I just laid them out and picked up, sewed and put back in place as I went along. You also need a 60 triangle to cut out the pieces. :-D

Or just a ruler with a 60degree line. That's what I used.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Yes, you can make the hexs like that, but for the cube blocks, you need the triangle. Sorry, should have been clearer!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon - NC
    This is not just a quilt: it is a work of art! Lovely. Absolutely gorgeous. I keep staring at it trying to figure out HOW you did that.
    See, see,see. It's just what I said before, that the print of the fabric does all the work for you. After you read the instructions for this and make one, you'll be surprised at how easy it is and it looks so hard!

It's beautiful!!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    All of you interested in OBW, Kaleidoscopes and Stack n Whack - if you look right down at the bottom of this page, you'll see that this thread belongs to a new User Defined or Virtual Section. If you click on the name of the section - highlighted in blue - it will take you to a whole list of threads on this subject. :-D

For further information and discussion about the new Virtual Section generally, check out this thread http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-34499-1.htm

I just LOVE kaleidoscope quilts---what great fabric!

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    Just stunning k3n.

Great fabric choice! Great job!
    Thanks Deecee - I have to credit Gai with the fabric choice though - she sent it to me! Bless her heart! :-D
    well, between Gai's choosing and generosity:wink: and your work...it's a stunner, K! :thumbup:
    It has a 'glowy' look to it on my monitor, and it's very pretty. Such detail...it's all great! Give that hubby a big hug...he knows when something is fantabulous just the way - you are :wink: :wink: :wink:

gorgeous!

Wow! This is another fabulous OBW. I'm going to have to give those hollow cubes another try someday. They really add to the quilt, and your fabric choice and layout are absolutely amazing.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone! I was going to work on a PP WIP this evening but I've run out of printer ink so I MIGHT have to cut another OBW instead! ;-)

Just so long as we see pics of either project!!

Blog Entries
    WOW!!! :shock: WOW!!!
    I love it!!! :D:D:D Awesome job on the quilt and your cubes are right on :D:D:D
    I also love how you included the original fabric in the border, very clever!!!

Sooooooo creative.....
    I'm drooling all over the keyboard..... :mrgreen:

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Thank you all!

Amma - that was the left over strip of fabric after I cut the repeats so I just sliced it in half and added the black to make it long enough. I was pretty pleased with the way it looks too but it was more a 'happy accident' than cleverness! :-D

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    firstly I love obws and i love seeing the uncut fabric and then seeing it cut up into the obw. I am just looking for a ruler so I can start mine as have the obw book but am having trouble locating an Australian online shop with a 60 degree triangle ruler. I am a novice when it comes to buying online so am dipping my toe into buying online by first trying to buy locally before branching out overseas...

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blahel
    firstly I love obws and i love seeing the uncut fabric and then seeing it cut up into the obw. I am just looking for a ruler so I can start mine as have the obw book but am having trouble locating an Australian online shop with a 60 degree triangle ruler. I am a novice when it comes to buying online so am dipping my toe into buying online by first trying to buy locally before branching out overseas...
    Hi blahel - you can make the basic hexagon blocks using the 60 line on your regular ruler - you need the triangle for the hollow cubes though! I'd recommend the 'Clearview' if you can get it. Don't get the Marti Mitchell with the points cut off - it's a p in the a! Ask me how I know! :D

k3n
    Blog Entries

k3n
    Blog Entries
    They also do batiks http://www.ozquilts.com.au/hoffman-batiks-$18-metre-c545.html ;)

Blog Entries
    Just found this post and had to tell you how beautiful your OBW is. I am working on a pink and green, wish it had more color.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollyv9
    Just found this post and had to tell you how beautiful your OBW is. I am working on a pink and green, wish it had more color.
    I'm sure it will work out. If you had the second book One Block Wonders Encore, you could consider adding the cubes. I do this if I think an OBW needs more interest or colour. Just an idea. :-D

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4