Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Two quilts in one!

Quote Originally Posted by audsgirl View Post
    How lucky to have 2 quilts when I bet she was only expecting one! Both sides are beautiful. It's extra special because of the memories of the rose print it brings her.
    Ditto for me!

I've thought of doing two quilts in one, so I am so happy to see and hear about your quilting adventure!
    You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
    You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go. (Dr. Seuss)

That turned out great! I'm not a bit surprised that she loved it! Beautiful quilt- both sides!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    lovce BOTH SIDES of your quilt! nice design
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

WOW both sides are lovely!

OMG, its adorable - so bright and cheerful!

That is pretty. I love it.

Blog Entries
    Wow what a beauty.
    Nana of 1 E and 2 G's

Wow this is really a great quilt, I love the colors, front and back - super great job!
    Quilting makes me happy!..

Blog Entries
    Thank you for all the compliments. I have four birth daughters, but I have 'adopted' a few along the way. This one is for my precious firstrborn who lost her husband to a horrible disease, then the only house they ever lived in plus all the antiques they collected together burned to ground five months later. Hense the yellow. She needs sunshine in her life, though she already has it with her daughters and their families. Why did I obsess with hers so much? Because she can outquilt me anyday - she sews a straight line and uses 1" strips. Not for me, thank you. My other children can't sew. But K has no time for quilting now so this is fine. The other problem? As first born organized child, the colors had to be matchy-matchy. It was to boring (the first section), so I went scrappy with the back and the border. She needs some her mother's disorganization in her life.

I like the lily, but she thought it was funny - another 'organized' difference. I can applique better than she can - or at least my Elna can. That machine loved appliquing when these children were small. I can't outdraw her or daughter #4, but we all have our strengths.

Enough rambling. Thank you.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    I love yours a lot

Blog Entries
    Oooohhhhh - I like both sides! Sunny and cheerful. I'm not surprised that she liked it. he lily has a lot of charm.

It is truly a masterpiece!!

That is beautiful. Both sides are so nice.

I can't decide which side I like the best. They are both beautiful!!!

Looks like a lily to me, lovely colors and quilt....
    With quilters for friends, I will always be warm.

Awesome job!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Blog Entries
    oh please tell me where i can get that pattern. that is the coolest quilt i think i have seen in a long time. my email address is [email protected] if you can come up with the pattern or information to get it.

Realy pretty lots of work but well worth it. hope she likes it 2 quilts worth.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Beautiful! Lovely!

Blog Entries
    i would love the pattern for both sides if i am not being a pain or inconvience. it is just so lovely i would love to try and do it myself
    i am really new at all this but if im going to try one this is it.

WOW! She got a twofer for her birthday! Lucky girl. I absolutely love both sides. I like how your progressively developed this masterpiece. Thanks for sharing and proving there are no mistakes, just creative opportunities!
    The bad news is - time flies.
    The good news is - you're the pilot!

Blog Entries
    huntersgrammie, my computer is being difficult so I can't copy and paste the links right now. For Sunny Days, go to quilterscache and find the name in the alphabetical list. I cut my little squares 2 1/2 inches, not two inches. I like the small ones better, but as a relatively new quilter, I am not ready for anything smaller than 2 1/2. Put Sunny Lanes in the search box here to see how nice justflyingin's look with the correct size squares. She did a yellow one, then a red and a blue. If you use my size, you'll need to change the other measurements, but I can help you with that.

Quilterscache has the snowball and 9 patch for the front in the same list. Mine are a little bigger. I have an extra block I can measure if you want. When I had six blocks across and didn't like it, I split row #4 and sewed it to the outside edges so the pattern matched. Popped in the appliqued band with a strong red to separate the blocks and the applique, then added the red strip all around and finally the piano keys border which is also in quilterscache. The back couldn't have a border which is a first.

Lining them up was easy as for my last two quilts I have used Sharon Schamber's method with the boards. The back was narrower because of the odd size of the flower strip, so it got a red blender leftover from the lily and a yellow that wasn't the same as the yellow in the quilt to enlarge it on two sides.

Any more questions, you can ask here, pm me or email me. Just remember I have only been trying to quilt for 1 1/2 years, so there's a lot I don't know. Ask me about apparel sewing, then I know something.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    I finally finished my oldest daughter's b'day quilt. I took forever because I didn't like so many things about it. Started as 9Ps and Snowballs. I didn't like that so I split it and added the appliqued flowers. Still didn't like it, so I started a new one for the back. Sunny Lanes after seeing a post by justflyingin here on the QB. Back to the front and added scrappy piano keys to cut down on the red/green of the quilt. Two color binding. I think I'm glad it's finished and delivered. BTW, I worried for nothing. She loved it. The small rose print was her favorite print as a child. She laughed at my hand drawn lily - it's the second flower from the bottom if you can't guess. At least the coneflower and tulip passed.

Size 68X70
    Pattern Snowball/Nine Patch w/appliques and a piano key border
    Back Sunny Lanes from quilterscache
    Two color binding from Charismah's tutorial
    Attachment 344932 Attachment 344933 Attachment 344934
    No wonder she loved it. That is so pretty and unique. I assume the front or top of the quilt is thesie with the flowers in the panel. But both sides of the quilt are beautiful, and could either be used as the front. I love what you did. That is simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

It is beautiful I love the colours your daughter will be thrilled. Thanks for posting its so lovely

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast