Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
UFO done! (I had help) >

UFO done! (I had help)

UFO done! (I had help)

Old 08-05-2015, 05:06 PM

Default UFO done! (I had help)

I started this quilt over 4 years ago when my son's friend was expecting his first child. I'd planned a quick and simple project...just ink the pictures of Noah's life and then tie the quilt. I showed the quilt top to some friends and they talked me into embroidery...which I selectively did on five blocks...then I showed the top again and my friends said with that much work, I should hand quilt the project...so I started...all the while the baby was growing, turning into a toddler, etc. I put the quilt aside and started hoping some one else would name a little boy Noah. When both of my children started were expecting, I asked them if they'd name a boy Noah...they both said "no" (they each had girls). I despaired of ever finishing the project when my mother-in-law mentioned that she was out of hand work for the evening...I asked if she'd be willing to finish the quilting. She took it on and finished it in no time. Then it sat for months...I had no Noah. When I heard that my kids' stepsister was having a little boy and naming him Noah, I asked my son if he'd like to give the quilt to her. He said no, they weren't that close and he never sees her. However, my ex-husband has been in town to deal with his mother's affairs and fell in love with quilt and said that he'd be honored to give it to Gabi for little Noah...so the quilt had a baby to snuggle and all I had to do was bind it and finally, after 4 years the quilt is done and on its way to Noah. Yippee!!!!
Attached Thumbnails noah-quilt-full-view.jpg   noah-quilt.jpg   noah-quilt-quilting-close-up.jpg  
Old 08-05-2015, 05:09 PM

Funny how pictures catch things that you don't see...I just saw a piece of basting thread in the quilting close-up...oops!
Old 08-05-2015, 05:09 PM

great quilt! I just love the patchwork and the picture embroidery is just awesome. I don't know if I would be able to give that one away good job
Old 08-05-2015, 05:10 PM

The quilt is too cute & what a wonderful ending to a truly delightful story.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:14 PM

What an awesome quilt!! So glad it found a home with Noah -- I'm sure it will be treasured, and I know you are relieved to have completed it. Congratulations!!

Linda in Missouri
Old 08-05-2015, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

I love the big Noah in the middle.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

Very nice....
Old 08-05-2015, 07:08 PM

Great story and great quilt. Noah will love it!
Old 08-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Power Poster

​Great quilt and embroidery!
Old 08-05-2015, 08:56 PM
QM
Power Poster

Brilliant work, but maybe you are taking too much advice.

FREE Quilting Newsletter