Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
venetian stained glass quilt >

venetian stained glass quilt

venetian stained glass quilt

Old 01-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

That would be a pretty to make, I would not have enough patience to make it - No idea what the pattern is. Please show pictures when you have it finished.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:16 PM

There's a company called Quilter's Treasure that makes stained glass quilts. They might have a pattern for what you are looking for. I believe their website is www.quilterstreasure.com.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:24 PM

that is a beautiful pattern
Old 01-13-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by blondeslave
I found this link but I'm not clever enough to figure out if it's the whole pattern.

http://www.northcott.net/images/quil...glass14red.pdf
your's is a much better picture, but I actually have the pattern and instructions, I was just wondering if anyone had made one, because I can't seem to find any pics of finished ones to compare to, you know? Usually when you have the pattern name and run a search, there are tons of pics of quilts done with that pattern that turn up but not this time :(
Thanks for the link, though, it's a much much better pic than the one I have on the paper :)
Old 01-13-2010, 05:58 PM

I've loved this pattern for quite a while, too. The fabric requirements are incredible, but it would be just gorgeous made up. I would likely use Moda marbles or another line that looks kinda like stained glass for it. It will be lovely when it's done. And yes, blondeslave, that is the right pattern.

Did anybody notice how many 7/8" strips of black had to be cut??? 137!!! I think that's a cutting job for several days! lol

Baren*eh*ked, let us know if you are going to start this project and if so, we want pictures! It's such a beauty, someone has to make it!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Banned

That is beautiful! I can't wait to see YOUR creation! Hurry and make it so we can all drool!!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
I've loved this pattern for quite a while, too. The fabric requirements are incredible, but it would be just gorgeous made up. I would likely use Moda marbles or another line that looks kinda like stained glass for it. It will be lovely when it's done. And yes, blondeslave, that is the right pattern.

Did anybody notice how many 7/8" strips of black had to be cut??? 137!!! I think that's a cutting job for several days! lol

Baren*eh*ked, let us know if you are going to start this project and if so, we want pictures! It's such a beauty, someone has to make it!
Yeah, but if you sew everything together and stip piece, it's not as bad as it looks. I had to re-read the section a couple of times to understand, because I didn't really feel like sewing 900 little black strips. You actually cut them into long strips and sew them to either side of your colours, and then cut in triangles... it's really hard to explain, though.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:09 PM

Yup, it is, I ran it off, directions are kinda hard to understand but there is a diagram. This is on my to-do list :lol:
Old 01-14-2010, 12:50 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Oh my! That is beautiful! The pattern is downloaded and on my list! I love the look of stained glass. I'm thinking this could look good in muted batiks. :-D

Like Mel says, I'd like to see pics of other versions too so Mel, get on and make one then show us! :mrgreen: :lol:
Old 01-14-2010, 04:32 PM

That will be a beauty Mel, can't wait to see you finish it!