Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: A Very Sad & Disappointing Story with A Happy Ending

Such a joyous, colorful bright baby quilt ... I love it.

Too bad the ingrate brat didn't appreciate any of your gifts. Glad that you took it back and didn't give her something else. Hopefully she's learned a lesson. Her baby would have loved the quilt too.

another blessed child will get your lovely quilt, YAY!

Ditto to what everyone else has said...That really is a pretty quilt...

Good for you! It is a lovely quilt and gift and I am glad you gave it to someone who obviously appreciated it!!!

Yes, she was such a snob. Glad your beautiful quilt found a happy home.

adorable quilt! I like the ending to your story. Glad your baby quilt went to someone who appreciated it!!

Good for you-some people will never appreciate a gift made from the heart and that is their loss.

Power Poster
    You are absolutely right, the quilt went to the right recipient. Rude is not how I would describe the ___ that got the first or the second quilt, especially saying that she preferred one of the baby registry instead of something lovingly handmade. Too bad she didnt' know that she was passing up something that could be worth a lot in years to come, not in the form of money, but in the form of many, many happy memories of the quilt and the special lady that made it. Good for you for finding another home for your lovely gift.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Great ending to a terrible story! So glad that sweet quilt found a good home :)
    I agree with this and added:

You really did a great job!
    Some can not appreciate ... or understand the meaning ... do not worry: their loss!
    Enjoy only the memory of the new face thankful!
    Your quilt will be loved and appreciated!
    A big hug!

beautiful quilt glad it has a new home.guess sometime they just know where they belong.

Blog Entries
    The good Lord knew where that quilt was suppose to go...and we all learn lessons from this story..Thanks you for sharing this story..

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Your quilt is beautiful, and I am so glad you found a loving home for it.
    GOD bless.
    Penny

Power Poster
    Wow, glad it is going to someone who will love, use and appreciate it.

Well, I happen to think it is GORGEOUS! At least she told you, as you said. Some people don't understand/appreciate handmade quilts, they would rather have something made in China that costs 10% of what a homemade one does. I guess that's great for those people. She would have probably either regifted it, used it as a dog bed or thrown it away.

Good for you for standing up for yourself (and your quilt)!

My mouth is still open in utter astonishment that someone could really be so ungrateful. I'm sure glad you got the baby quilt back and found someone to appreciate your love and kindness. Too bad you couldn't take the wedding quilt back too. I feel sorry for people who have no feeling of how special a handmade gift is, even if it was different from what they were thinking of. It didn't have to match the nursery, it could be used in any number of different circumstances--to play on, to tuck them in in a stroller, to go visiting, etc., etc. Too bad, her loss. So glad it went to someone who loves it!

ps love your label!! :-)

Wow - I am impressed you took the honest approach and found the home this quilt deserved.

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    I think you addressed the situation beautifully. I'm glad you got it back and gifted it to someone who appreciates the love that goes into making a baby quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by amymarieski
    Well, I happen to think it is GORGEOUS! At least she told you, as you said. Some people don't understand/appreciate handmade quilts, they would rather have something made in China that costs 10% of what a homemade one does. I guess that's great for those people. She would have probably either regifted it, used it as a dog bed or thrown it away.

Good for you for standing up for yourself (and your quilt)!
    Exactly!
    Aside from not having character, heart or sense, this young woman clearly also has bad eyesight. Your quilt is beautiful.

I just hope this ingrate gets a baby to her liking ....

I love your quilt and your story. What a stupid little snot, but then there are those that don't like the real thing! I have a couple in my family and they don't get much from me. Other's are happy and I'm more than thrilled to make something for them.

Can you say "Spoiled Brat" ???? Glad your quilt went to a deserving and appreciative home.

I'm so sorry you had to experience something so rude. In the end, though, your beautiful work meant so much to someone truly appreciative.

Senior Member quilter in the making's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So glad your quilt went to someone who will really appreciate it. It's a great quilt.

Sure glad it ended up in a happy home. I think you did the right thing... Some people have no idea or even a clue what goes into to making a quilt and how we really hate to give them away.....lol

Ungrateful little chit! I'm glad your quilt found a happy home.

You did great,I am glad your quilt found a new home,better than in Keep quilt enjoy your pic. the truck used for dog,no more quilts for that family said my mother in law. keep quilting as your have love to share

You are a gal after my own heart for taking it back and with so much dignity. Having received tears from the very appreciative girl makes all your work that much better. That is where the love is.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast