Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
very simple baby quilt >

very simple baby quilt

very simple baby quilt

Old 04-19-2009, 10:19 PM

Thanks for the explanation of your call center.. I used to work at a call center and I knew we didn't have that much time after the first year or so..I worked there for 10 years.. but ours was medical.. "Ask a nurse".. It's a beautiful quilt.. nice job.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by nanabirdmo
hi margie, i wasn't sure what a call center was either until i got this job. some call centers are for sales calls (the ones everyone hates) lol. mine is strictly customer service, mostly for military families, both active and retired. i love it. talking to the people who are deployed is amazing. they are so young and since my son in law is in iraq, it makes it very special to be able to visit with other deployed people. i always tell them to be careful over there. i am old enough to be their mom or grandma and every time i say "be careful over there" even the crusty sergeants laugh and say "yes ma'am".
i feel very fortunate to have such a pleasant job with good benefits. i know a lot of us are suffering in the present economic situation. so i feel doubly blessed even though the pay isn't the best and i still am on a very tight budget. i wish for every one of you who are looking for jobs to find a job you enjoy as much as i enjoy mine.
What a blessing! When my nephew was in Iraq, my mother told him: Keep your head down, but keep looking up!
When my son's deployment ended with a death, the pictures were sent back of the memorial services the Marines do over in theater. Like you, I was absolutely STRUCK by how young those Marines are! (and, the other services, also). I think it is because for most of us, the only veteran we knew were our fathers, and they were "old" from the time we were first aware of them. Now, over half a century old, of you ain't my age, you am just a chil' and for those youngsters in the military ... we would not wish this for anyone, but thank GOD that they believe in our country enough to do something for it. "No higher calling ... "
I enjoyed your quilt, also, but I am overwhelmed with the number on this list who are connected to our servicemen and women, and I especially wanted you to know how grateful I am that you are able to serve them, as they serve us.