Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A way to store batting scraps.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tellabella
    Great idea...I am going to buy some for my batting....they should make a bag that would shrink my butt...I would pay good $$ for one of those...lol...
    LMBO!! Let me know if you do find some of those bags! LOL!!

Great idea!!!

Neat idea. Thanks

Blog Entries
    great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatStarter
    Those bags work great for shrinking down extra blankets, etc you take on camper trips. Only problem is after they are openned, no way to shrink them back down for trip home...lol.

Kat
    Look for the bags that you roll the air out. I took them on a trip where I was allowed only one bag. They have a channel on the 'far' end. You put your stuff in the bag, seal the end and roll. The air goes out the other end and holds well.

Blog Entries
    Great idea! I forgot that I have some of those bags thrown in the bottom of a closet!

Oh my....I like your idea much better...but..I need more then just my butt lolololol..

Brings back memories of when my DH was a child. His mom is very short (4' 11") and he was 4 years old. His mother made everything from scratch..so he was use to seeing his mom using the rolling pin. He said to her..mommy if we lay you on the floor and roll you, you will get taller!!

I always tell my doctor, I am not fat..I am just short for my size. If I was another 5 inches taller..I would be skinny. He laughs everytime. ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by tellabella
    Great idea...I am going to buy some for my batting....they should make a bag that would shrink my butt...I would pay good $$ for one of those...lol...

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    I use SPACE bags and have only had one in 5 years that didn't hold. I do use them. I have 1 large that is sorta a box on the bottom and space bag on top that I keep the "current" fabrics and projects in. keep it near to the sewing area aka kitchen table. when company is coming I can put put everything in and shrink it down. push it under the table and it's out of the way!

Love it! are the bags re useable?

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa 54
    Love it! are the bags re useable?
    Yes they are. They have a zipper on one end so that you can open them easily.

Blog Entries
    I've never had any luck with these kind of bags. I found that a heavy duty trash bag gathered and held around a vacuum hose will achieve the same results and hold up better than the expensive bags. Just suck the air out, and tightly wrap a rubber band around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divokittysmom
    Well... I hope your vac/store bags work better than mine!! I have several different brands and not one seems to be holding well at all. Imagine having about 5 yds of fake fur stored in one, nice and neat and tidy.. now imagine opening the closet door ond day and being surprised at how nice neat and tidy has expanded.... alot!!! LOL Can't get those dumb bags to hold fur, yarn or anything! hmmm.....

I love the concept but haven't had a lot of luck with it yet! Great idea though!!
    I had some winter coats in a bag, stored in guest room closet, the bag decided to POP open in the middle of the night when there were guests in the room!! It is funny now, but scared my guests at the time!! LOL It made a loud commotion!! lol But I love your idea of storing my batting scraps, right now I have them all in a huge bin and I could sure use the space. Thanks for the idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by Divokittysmom
    Well... I hope your vac/store bags work better than mine!! I have several different brands and not one seems to be holding well at all. Imagine having about 5 yds of fake fur stored in one, nice and neat and tidy.. now imagine opening the closet door ond day and being surprised at how nice neat and tidy has expanded.... alot!!! LOL Can't get those dumb bags to hold fur, yarn or anything! hmmm.....

I love the concept but haven't had a lot of luck with it yet! Great idea though!!
    This me, minus the fake fur! I've never had good luck with them :( Glad you did. Great idea.

Love those bags! Although I haven't used them for sewing items yet, I do use them when I travel. With the restrictions/cost of checking luggage, the space bags are a life saver!

Hurray!!!!! Now I know how to have an exta drawer in the sewing room

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I had 2 big piles of batting scraps that I am saving to make a dog bed for my Sis' dog. This morning I thought I am throwing them away because I don't have any room to store them. I forgot that I had those large vaccum storage bags so for fun I stuffed one bag as full as I could get it and was surprized at how small of a space they will take up now.. 1 bag was all I needed to put all the scraps in.
    :-) :-) :-) :shock:
    What a great idea - off to the store I go to get some! :idea:

awesome idea!! I totally forgot I have some of those bags - they are neat :thumbup:

Great idea...thanks for sharing!

Blog Entries
    I love those bags, we use them to store winter clothing and bedding. I am going to use the idea to store batting, seems like it wants to take over the room sometimes.

Blog Entries
    Aren't you clever! Great idea :-)

Power Poster
    Great idea.

Carrie you are sew clever. I will have to look for my bags. :-)

I love those space bags. I travel with them and am able to take the a lot of clothing in a small suitcase. i also put the dirty clothes in them for the return trip so I can keep them separate from the remaining clean. When DH and I cruise, we also take our own king pillows in one and put in luggage.

Power Poster
    What a great idea as batting does take up a lot of space.

Love those bags.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast