Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: wedding quilt

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt! :D:D:D

The quilt looks very time consuming & beautiful. I can't understand why people can't say thank you. It 'bugs me'.
    It upsets me. It angers me. I think it is rude. It is very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by watson's mom
    ..... however I would be bold enough to get back with the bride or her mother and find out ...if it is not something that fits into her "decor" then you would gladly take it back and get her a gift card. That way you can at least find out if she is going to keep it or give it away.
    Just my thoughts.
    Rose
    I'm with Rose...I would call the girl herself and ask her if she received it or not and say that if she didn't like it I would gladly take it back and give her a gift card. It would also be the last quilt she got from me.[/quote]

I made 2 wedding quilts last year...the one, the card came off and they had to try to figure out who made it...it was 1 of 3 people...but the thank you came by phone the night they figured it out, and in writing a month or so later. The other quilt, to the 1st grooms brother and wife...I got a thank you note a couple of months after the wedding..."Thanking me for my generous gift.." They never even acknowledged that the gift was a quilt.
    This couple is now pregnant...if he wasn't the son of my bff...I would get him a target gift card and blow it off...but that would hurt her feelings...and I won't do that.

Absolutely gorgeous!!! To bad that your niece doesn't have the manners to properly thank you, but, at least now you know not to get her any more gifts, and even if she didn't thank you, her husband should have.

Where did you get the pattern or is it one of your own designs?

the pattern was in QUILT magazine think it was may/june 2008
    they use it as a backdrop behind gammill long arms.

Evidently there is an epidemic of people who are rude...So many forget to say thanks!!

jane, the gift was received, i was even at the wedding!! but left before it was all over, but im still irked over it.

I love it! But, I hate when people don't care enough to say thank you for a gift or something you do for them. I have step-daughters like that, and they get right upset when I try to suggest that it's a good thing to say thank you.

Ive given up on thank yous, and just go on. Your quilt is lovely. DEB

You know, I too have been guilty about sending thank you notes.It is embarassing now. Always trying to phrase the letter in my mind and never getting there. Now I try to make sure I send thank you notes for every thing. Perhaps people learn to write from the joy of receiving an appreciative note. Some of the problem also lies with the speed of the world they live in, always on to another activity

Really a pretty quilt. I have 2 neices who don't appreciate anything. I stopped giving.

Blog Entries
    Not pretty, not lovely, plain and simple GORGEOUS!!! What a shame she did not seem to appreciate it enough to send a thank you. I would not be making anything else for her just on principal.

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry.

Sorry, she did not acknowledge the quilt. It is beauitul. Next time, make her another one and donate it to your favorite charity in her name...and have the charity send her a thank you note...to show how they appreciate your quilts!!!

Wow, I saw that quilt printed and read the directions at the time and realized it was a whole lot of work!!!!!!!
    I give you gold stars for making it!!!! Have you spoken to the "bride" or her mom/dad (which one is your sibling) since? I would have to make a comment----but then I am "famous" with my family for making "comments"...but sometimes you have to.

WOW! That is beautiful!!! I know, people don't appreciate the work we put into our creations!!! :?

Very beautiful----I've never seen this pattern but you did a great job on it.
    Congrats, Kutnso

And Wow! That looks to be a time consuming/complicated pattern that is just absolutely stunning !! Love the fabrics you picked out for it....tell her someone on the board wants it.... like me! LOL but seriously..maybe she loves it and just assumed you know it?

Blog Entries
    I am very impressed with the quilting journal you display for the quilt. What a wonderful way to remember what you have done. Thanks for sharing. The joy is in the giving and every time she uses it I am sure her thoughts turn to you. Everything else from the wedding will wear out or become outdated. Your gorgeous quilt will live on.

Blog Entries
    So sorry you are hurt, but I understand. I have made baby quilts for my nephews 5 little boys and never received a thank note. When I was visiting them in Texas they thanked me numerous times!!! Don't give up you may get a personal thank you yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmabby
    I find so many younger people do not send thank you notes. I was going to do some quilting for a niece, but decided at 26 she wouldn't appreciate it.

That is really pretty, lots of time in it.
    :wink:

Your quilt is beautiful. The blue fabric looks like ribbons and I really like that.

Certainly, a thank you is appropriate.

Your quilt is beautiful. I have had the same problem with no Thank yous. I have finally gotten to the place that I just don't care if they like it or not. I enjoyed making it and that is all that matters. Quilting is my stress reliever and my escape from the problems in my life. If other people don't like my quilts that is their problem. I loved making them.

I really like that Quilt. do you remember the pattern name ? what am i saying , look are your notes, very professional looking.

Blog Entries
    I was going to make a DWR for my new DIL for a wedding present but knew that she would not appreciate it, and if it wasn't "up to her standards" she'd either toss it or leave it in a closet.

Gave them cash instead.

Need I say more?

Power Poster
    Well, I believe that common courtesy does not exist any more, probably because the children were not educated in the art of good manners any more. I am sorry for her reaction to an absolutely beautiful quilt. I put a lot of time and effort into a baby quilt on more than one occasion and never received a thank you. However, I one made a baby quilt for my SIL's granddaughter, and the mother couldn't get over the fact that I made a quilt and I didn't even know her. So sometimes it comes back to reward you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast