Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Well, I think we can see where this is all heading... >

Well, I think we can see where this is all heading...

Well, I think we can see where this is all heading...

Old 07-08-2011, 05:13 PM

yes yes yes do both and then post !!
Old 07-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

Go with your ideas, it will make the room look welcoming for your guest.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:16 PM

:) Yes all to all of the mentioned items! Did you do the WholeCloth quilt on the bed? It is just lovely.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Of course it needs that...then you will have to re-do the guest bath to go with the new pillows, bed runner and wall hanging.....gosh, no telling WHERE this can all go! And to think, it all started with just 2 little pillows! LOL!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
:) Yes all to all of the mentioned items! Did you do the WholeCloth quilt on the bed? It is just lovely.
No, would you believe I got this several years ago at Target?! It's from their "Simply Shabby Chic" line. I didn't start quilting until about 10 months ago but I've always loved quilts and like to buy them instead of bedspreads. The quilts in my house have been store bought because I couldn't afford "real" handmade ones. Now I'm making my own...it feels so good to be able to do that! :-)
Old 07-08-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Of course it needs that...then you will have to re-do the guest bath to go with the new pillows, bed runner and wall hanging.....gosh, no telling WHERE this can all go! And to think, it all started with just 2 little pillows! LOL!
My thoughts exactly!!! I mentioned this to my DDH after seeing so many of y'all echoing my sentiments. He just smiled and rolled his eyes...he knows where this is going too! lol!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
A bed runner, or even a square quilt that can be placed diagonally (on point!) over the white as an accent. And yes, then a wall hanging. But of course you know that all things are seasonal, too, right? So you can, if you like, change the decor with the seasons! LOL
Yeah, this could get really complexed and involved...very quickly! ha! Before you know it the whole house will be involved in one way or another! ;-)
Old 07-08-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by echoemb
this is starting to sound like my $800 screen door....

Ha!!!! I know what you mean! I'm recalling many times when my Mom would start just a small little project and before we knew it a whole room had just been redone. Then I did that once with a bathroom...all I did was change the toilet seat...then the vanity...then the wallpaper...
Guess I can blame her for inheriting this genetic defect...lol! ;-)
Old 07-08-2011, 07:12 PM

I love your pillows and it needs a bed runner and wallhanging. Did you make that beautful quilt? I love it in white, that way you can use different colors and change them when you want. Thanks for sharing. What a great guest room.

Oops! Should have read the earlier post. Didn't know you hadn't make it, but it's still beautiful.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
yes and be sure to decorate a cute lamp with fabric, need to make a rug from fabric strips and a cute mug rug if guest has drinks in there with a snack and a small tablecloth

Have fun!
Too bad we don't live in Indiana anymore...I'd go to your house for some rug making lessons! ;-) Great idea! In spite of the terrible drought and heat we've got going on right now, I must admit I'm glad to be back home in Texas. I saw more snow in the almost 9 years we lived there than I could ever imagine! So glad I don't have to shovel snow any longer!