Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What color thread should I use? >

What color thread should I use?

What color thread should I use?

Old 03-23-2010, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
I think it is going to be a gorgeous quilt! As for the color of thread, I think either a Natural or a Brown. Just my 1/2 a cent. Are you going to handquilt or machine quilt it? You might want to stretch out a nice long pc of whatever colors of thread across the quilt top and audition them to see which you prefer. That is how I make my decision most of the time. :wink: Sometimes the most unexpected thread wins. Anxious to see it completed. It'll be a beauty.
Well I think I am going to machine quilt it but I have only done that once before. I am pretty much an inexperienced newbie lol. But I think I will have fun playin around. It might be twin sized but I think it is even a bit small for that. So its a pretty good size to start with and nothing too big and too hard to handle. I have been trying to get my grandma to teach me how to quilt every time I go back home to visit but she is pretty tight lipped on how she does things. She likes to just tell me oh hunny just keep trying things out and you'll get it... You all seem very helpful. I really appreciate the tips and advice.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:36 AM

Brown seems to me the best choice... maybe a warm brown rather than a really dark brown. I am sure that what ever color you finally decide on will look great. Just don't take too long to pick a color.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Google Goddess

Varigated thread I think would be cool!
Old 03-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Power Poster

I did a quilt similar to that and I used variegated thread and loved the effect. Give it a try.