Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What to do with this Beautiful Fabric? >

What to do with this Beautiful Fabric?

What to do with this Beautiful Fabric?

Old 09-12-2009, 02:20 PM

The link that you posted says in the directions the kit is $85 and the book is $14.95. It might be cheaper to order the book, just a thought.

Beautiful fabric, and I am sure it will be so beautiful no matter what you do with it.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Originally Posted by joeyoz
Originally Posted by live2quilt
I saw a beautiful braided quilt done with bright colors like this.

can'tbelieve you paid this price and no pattern

good luck
live2quilt
Here's the link to a braided quilt on the board.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/23220.page
I can send you the pattern for the braid if you need it. It would probably even work for any scraps you have left after your diamond top is completed
I love the braid quilt. Could it be made with fat quarters? I collected them over the summer while traveling. I think I have about 24 now. Lots of beautiful batiks.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:35 PM

I can't believe you didn't get the instructions. But, the fabric sure is beautiful. Good Luck. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:36 PM

I think it would look great as a sampler quilt with the black as the background.

But, that being said, if the instructions should have been included in the kit (is it really a "kit" if they aren't) I'm the type that would call and raise holy h*** until they gave me what was paid for.

Lynette
Old 09-12-2009, 02:51 PM

The picture of the quilt posted in McCall's and the picture on the packet are NOT the same quilt or design. It looks to me like the "kit" came from Sew Batik. I buy 2-3 kits a year from Bruce and Diane at Sew Batik and have always gotten written instructions with the kits. They DO NOT send templates or rulers.
I would make sure I didn't have the written instructions and if not contact and ask for them again. Maybe even include a photo of all the pages of the packets so they can see what is missing.
I have been dealing with them for at least 3 years as I love their hand dyed batiks and have never known them not to include the pattern for their kits , if it specifies "pattern included" . I have purchased kits from them that the pattern was in a book or a copyrighted pattern packet that I had to purchase, but they always had it clearly marked.

Hopefully you are able to resolve this and have a beautiful quilt.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by bearpaw
Gorgeous fabrics!! I don't understand how they can sell a kit without instructions. If it's only fabric, wouldn't it just be a fabric bundle or something like that. I would definitely complain. That's alot of money for no instructions. I hope you find a great pattern to show off that fabric!
I agree. It just doesn't make sense that a kit would be sold without instructions. Something seems wrong there. Well, the fabric is stunning anyway! How fun!
Old 09-12-2009, 04:06 PM

If I read the picture posted of the pattern, at the bottom of the pattern, it states 'kit includes pattern and fabric from SewBatik'. I assume pattern includes instructions.

I will say I have purchased kits from Fons and Porter, but it clearly states the instructions are in xx issue of their mag.

It is gorgeous fabric!
Old 09-13-2009, 03:58 AM
Banned

i don't know, but it sure is pretty fabs. :D
Old 09-13-2009, 08:29 AM

The kit came with instructions for the setting diamonds, minus the templates to put the blocks together, I contacted them for the paper templates. They sent them but no instructions as to how to put the diamond blocks together. I will contact them again, maybe my kit was missing something that should have been included. Anyway, I love the fabric and am looking into other possibilities for it, but haven't given up on the diamond idea yet. Thank you all for your help. :D :D
Old 09-13-2009, 03:31 PM

I think they forgot to include the book. Does she have the charge on a credit card, maybe you might have to return it and they would loose the total sale, since there is no book included.. The site indicates the Kit and book is under $100?