Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What do you think can be made out of these.......... >

What do you think can be made out of these..........

What do you think can be made out of these..........

Old 03-20-2009, 03:52 AM

i have tons of scraps - not as well matched as these - but you have inspired me to make a scrappy quilt with my teeny scraps! thanks.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:55 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by thismomquilts
i have tons of scraps - not as well matched as these - but you have inspired me to make a scrappy quilt with my teeny scraps! thanks.
Glad I help inspire you, it really is such fun, especially the crazy/crumb method, there is a tute in the section if you want some help to get going :D

I did another king size one for my son and his girlfriend on point, that came out lovely too :D
Old 03-20-2009, 05:07 AM

I'm impressed.....
Old 03-20-2009, 05:15 AM

oooooooooooooooooohhhh me likey!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

Izy what is this crazy crumb method? I've seen it mentioned before on here somewhere.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by Izy
errm 'poopie' suits??? 'Steamers'?? Let me guess, some of his workmates are incontinent, so they are zipped up in those suits like the forensic guys wear?? 'Steamers'.....what we call boiler suits, for working in maybe?? :D
Yes Izy....sort of like coveralls.
They are FINALLY done! These 2 guys have been versed that they will die if they tell ANYONE who did this for them. I don't usually do patches on any sort of uniforms, but this was/is a special occasion, so since I really like these guys, I was nice.....:) :)
What a great gal you are helping them out, but I understand you don't want to end up stitching 200 pairs for all the crew now do you :lol: :lol: :lol:
200 pair? That's not much...there's 1300+ people on board this ship lol
I just don't want it to get out that I do this. I don't mind sewing on the working uniforms, but I REFUSE to sew on the Dress Uniforms. I'm too afraid I'd really screw those up...plus, they cost too much to replace.
Once someone onboard finds out you do this, EVERYONE wants you to do it because that way, they can just hand it over to the person, they bring it home to you and you send it back...plus, they don't pay. I don't charge for it, but one of the guys, I told Bill that this guy OWES me and I like the paper money that has LOTS of "0"s on it lol
Old 03-20-2009, 05:32 AM
Izy

Rhonda, go to 'Back to home page' above right on the screen, you will then have a menu, sclick on tutorials, and you will find it there :D
Old 03-20-2009, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Izy
Rhonda, go to 'Back to home page' above right on the screen, you will then have a menu, sclick on tutorials, and you will find it there :D

Thanks Izy I make the same thing I just call it confusion. I need to make mine small so I make several sections and add one onto another in the same manner as adding another fabric piece.
It is one of my favorites. I posted pictures on I think it is on Patchwork by Rhonda in pictures.
Your directions are very clear!
I sent in an article to an online magazine on my confusion but I think your directions are better than mine were.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:30 AM
Izy

Very nice of you to say so Rhonda, I made the pictures small so it didn't take long to down load for those on dial up, they could have been bigger I think :wink:

Terri, Good grief, you will have to take up residency on the ship, it would be a non stop job for you...then again, all those guys hmmmmm :roll: :lol:
Old 03-20-2009, 06:32 AM
Izy

Very nice of you to say so Rhonda, I made the pictures small so it didn't take long to down load for those on dial up, they could have been bigger I think :wink:

Terri, Good grief, you will have to take up residency on the ship, it would be a non stop job for you...then again, all those guys hmmmmm :roll: :lol: