Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What I've been working on lately! >

What I've been working on lately!

What I've been working on lately!

Old 09-16-2011, 04:48 PM
BMP

I LOVE the candy corn, did you use a pattern...
Old 09-16-2011, 04:49 PM

I love your projects. I need to do some as I have some of the same fabrics and beads. Thanks for sharing.

Oops! I hadn't seen them all. I love the pine cones with the different colors for fall. So pretty.

I did some pine cones for Christmas one year. Dipped them in colored parafin (sp?). I made a lot with just the parafin to start fires with, but found out thru the local fire department that it was unwise to do this. They said the pinecones would leave a coating in the chimney that could start a fire. So I just decorated the basket and made a Christmas decoration.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
I LOVE the candy corn, did you use a pattern...
Yes I did have a pattern. I'll have to find it and give you the name of it. I used to be in another group. And I think I bought it from the original person that made the pattern up. It's got a snowflake, crow, pumpkin and maybe another pattern with it too! These are so fun to make.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by skydiver70
I love your projects. I need to do some as I have some of the same fabrics and beads. Thanks for sharing.

Oops! I hadn't seen them all. I love the pine cones with the different colors for fall. So pretty.

I did some pine cones for Christmas one year. Dipped them in colored parafin (sp?). I made a lot with just the parafin to start fires with, but found out thru the local fire department that it was unwise to do this. They said the pinecones would leave a coating in the chimney that could start a fire. So I just decorated the basket and made a Christmas decoration.
Thank you for your compliments. I just had so much fun painting those pinecones. I have several plastic buckets of pinecones I saved off my trees. I want to decorate with them. I'm going to get some really small pinecones from my Aunts off of her pinetrees. I want to go out back and get some from the bull pines too! the ones I have are from hemlocks. They are a long pinecone.

I better get my tush and feed my furballs.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:56 PM

I forgot to show you something I was playing around with. I did a rag pumpkin. What do you think?

rag pumpkin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258021[/ATTACH]

small bag purse
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258022[/ATTACH]

rag ball ornaments I've been working on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258023[/ATTACH]

rag placemats. I love doing these. Can't wait to make more.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258024[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-257968.jpe   attachment-257969.jpe   attachment-257970.jpe   attachment-257971.jpe  
Old 09-16-2011, 07:05 PM

I goofed on two of my placemats. giggle I put a wrong block at the top. And the other two for the set are identical. So I just left them that way. I did another set in these colors that are all identical. I didn't want to mess them up by trying to take them apart. I didn't even notice until after I clipped and washed them. They are still pretty.

The rag ball ornie pattern I got from
http://www.sewpractical.com

She does all her patterns herself. Some are for sale and some are free. You should see her rag quilt patterns. She also has tuterials of doing different things too! She's a really nice lady. Lives in TN. It's worth going to her site even if just for the free patterns.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

I love making silk flower arrangements and wreaths. I made bunches of them 16 or so years ago. No place to put all of them. I sold some, kept some and ended up giving all to Goodwill a few years back, got tired of keeping them cleam.

Yours are very pretty.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle
I love making silk flower arrangements and wreaths. I made bunches of them 16 or so years ago. No place to put all of them. I sold some, kept some and ended up giving all to Goodwill a few years back, got tired of keeping them cleam.

Yours are very pretty.
Thank you Jingle.
I want to go out and make some grape vine wreaths to decorate. I've had my eye on some hanging down. giggle
Old 09-16-2011, 07:44 PM

Very cute! I love the crow pumpkin! Everything you made is very festive! Great work!
Old 09-16-2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Becca Bear
Very cute! I love the crow pumpkin! Everything you made is very festive! Great work!
Thank you Becca Bear! I can't wait to start on Christmas stuff. I have a snowman wall hanger I gathered fabric for last year. I need to get that out and start working on it.