Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What machine do I have? >

What machine do I have?

What machine do I have?

Old 06-26-2011, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by barb55
Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
One of my first sewing machines was also a dressmaker and I got it by entering a contest in a magazine or newspaper and submitting my answer. But I cannot tell you anything about the machine except it was a Dressmaker. Have no idea who made the machine since I was not into sewing and caring back in those years.
So did I. I couldn't aford the other and I won a prize of $35.00 off and I bought it. It was called Dressmaker.
Me too! Guess they had a lot of contest winners. I got mine while in high school around 1970. Loved it. Just traded it on my Janome 2 years ago. It was a White Dressmaker and looked very similar to yours in the picture.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:06 PM

Why does the word "Sears" pop into my head when I hear
Dressmaker - Did Sears make sewing machines?
Old 06-26-2011, 01:46 PM

my neice won a dressmaker to when she was like 9 yrs old , the best machine i every sewed on. I wanted a machine that had a botton hole maker on it and i gave my daughter the dressmaker. will that was the dumest thing i ever did. never had a machine as good as the dressmaker. than i lucked out and found an other dressmaker and man i grab the puppie and ran home so fast all you could see was dust. and now im so happy, i just put a binding on a quilt today and love evey stitch that machine sewed. i think dressmaker is the band name of the machine.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by LoisN
Originally Posted by barb55
Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
One of my first sewing machines was also a dressmaker and I got it by entering a contest in a magazine or newspaper and submitting my answer. But I cannot tell you anything about the machine except it was a Dressmaker. Have no idea who made the machine since I was not into sewing and caring back in those years.
So did I. I couldn't aford the other and I won a prize of $35.00 off and I bought it. It was called Dressmaker.
Me too! Guess they had a lot of contest winners. I got mine while in high school around 1970. Loved it. Just traded it on my Janome 2 years ago. It was a White Dressmaker and looked very similar to yours in the picture.
See I thought it was a White. Do you have anything that actually says White Dressmaker though?
Old 06-26-2011, 06:41 PM

Dressmaker is a Japanese, badged machine. There's tons of different names, Dressmaker being just one of the many cloned machines out there. They were copied and different names or badges were slapped on them. Made in Japan. Not USA. I have a badged, Japanese machine. They're hard to trace back to year etc. though that's really not all that important. They don't fetch the interest that the Singers, Whites etc. do, but they're still neat because you can find them in great colors and they're still work horses.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by katyquilter
Why does the word "Sears" pop into my head when I hear
Dressmaker - Did Sears make sewing machines?
The main machine I"m using now is a Kenmore. I think there are two more in my closet