Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What quilting pattern would fit this one?

Fell in love with this fabric line and knew I had to do something with it. Need some ideas of how I should quilt this one with the large panel in the middle. Suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Outline christmas ornaments, random christmas patterns, etc....

Christmas trees maybe?

Do a large Christmas tree in the center of the quilt and then outline all of the ornaments within the tree. Do a background fill on the area outside the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by alikat110
    Outline christmas ornaments, random christmas patterns, etc....
    Don't think I would outline every ornament, but I would do the ornament shape as the quilting for sure. Nice quilt :thumbup:

I like the idea of quilting ornaments all over the quilt but what size should they be? Small, medium, large. When the pattern is made up of individual pieces do you stop at the end of one and then start again with the next one or do you sew a line that connects them together? Hope that makes sense. Sometimes it's really hard to put into words what our mind is seeing. Should this pattern be over the entire quilt or maybe quilt a few ornaments on the focus panel and then do a large stipple around those?

Quote Originally Posted by KimS
    I like the idea of quilting ornaments all over the quilt but what size should they be? Small, medium, large. When the pattern is made up of individual pieces do you stop at the end of one and then start again with the next one or do you sew a line that connects them together? Hope that makes sense. Sometimes it's really hard to put into words what our mind is seeing. Should this pattern be over the entire quilt or maybe quilt a few ornaments on the focus panel and then do a large stipple around those?
    After I went back and reread the responses I now see I misunderstood what was said. I think I'll outline a few of the ornaments in the focus panel and then stipple the rest. Maybe do a holly leaf or poinsetta around the borders.