Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What would you do with these fabrics? >

What would you do with these fabrics?

What would you do with these fabrics?

Old 08-26-2010, 01:47 AM

Actually I like them, but not together.
Love Fleur de lies......D9P sounds great, with a red center block. Using the others to support other fabrics sounds good to me.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:38 AM

I love them, I just don't know what I would do with them....Maybe the turning twenty pattern, because the blocks are large and could showcase the fabric. :)
Old 08-26-2010, 03:43 AM

I'm sorry they don't float my boat. I could possibly see a purse out of 1 & 2.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:16 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
Totebags! Table runners! Placemats! Napkins! Quilts! Pajama pants! Scarf! Just so you all know.... the fleur de lis is now the official symbol of Louisiana! I'm sure this fabric would sell out down here although black and gold seems to be more popular (Go Saints!) than red, white, and blue.
OH YEA, I have some of the gold and black new ones that are out. I got it at Borne Quilter. I also got the purple and gold for LSU......I am going to make a quilt for my friend with it.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:33 AM

I think that a lovely wall hanging would work. I would do the fleur de lis would make lovely triangles and the two Eiffel towers fabrics would make lovely squares. and you randomly throw them together. or maybe this pattern would look lovely
http://www.jinnybeyer.com/block-a-we...fm?blockid=120 just a suggestion. the cuts look simple enough.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:10 AM

Hi, I have been looking for the first two fabrics for weeks..... My son lives in Quebec Canada and wanted me to sew up a quilt with the Fleurs de lis. I quickly google Kaufman site, but was not successful to find it. Will keep searching. Hope to find an interesting pattern.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:37 AM

I would eventually use them if they were given to me but I wouldn't purchase them unless they were in a big box on a garage sale for only a few dollars.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:11 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by ngabrielle
Hi, I have been looking for the first two fabrics for weeks..... My son lives in Quebec Canada and wanted me to sew up a quilt with the Fleurs de lis. I quickly google Kaufman site, but was not successful to find it. Will keep searching. Hope to find an interesting pattern.
This is a future group... so it won't be available anywhere for a few months yet.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
Totebags! Table runners! Placemats! Napkins! Quilts! Pajama pants! Scarf! Just so you all know.... the fleur de lis is now the official symbol of Louisiana! I'm sure this fabric would sell out down here although black and gold seems to be more popular (Go Saints!) than red, white, and blue.
OH YEA, I have some of the gold and black new ones that are out. I got it at Borne Quilter. I also got the purple and gold for LSU......I am going to make a quilt for my friend with it.
I went the The Borne Quilter as well.... also got the black and gold and purple and gold.... here is a bow tucks I made
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104742.jpe  
Old 08-26-2010, 12:33 PM

I agree with some of the others. I do not really like the patterns. I would not buy them.