Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your Avatar about?

The quilt I have in my avatar is my 3 yr process. I wanted to do an appliqued quilt so badly. But part way through it I began to hate it. So some great people came along side of me to help )(meaning I LA quilted for them they did what they were good at!)( My biggest deal on this quilt was: I wanted to McTavish... I love doing it. It turned out great. When I showed it at a retreat in CA, and a lovely lady said I want to buy your quilt, and she did. I went to the vineyard they owned and she showed me the tower where their bedroom was, and it looked beautiful in that room, like it was made for it.

I did all the quilting free hand, totally loved the design aspect of the quilting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I don't have a quilt to show yet, so mine is my DGD's, Sami and Tabi.

I like to change mine every few weeks. Right now it is a picture of our kitty, Tasha. :)

Blog Entries
    After showing my quilts for a long time, I recently changed mine to my horse. Gotta live up to my user name :D

The quilt is spectacular! I can see why you use it as your Avatar! My is a Woolie Mammoth because although I do all kinds of quilting, wool is one of my passions! and I write a blog about all things quilting in Central Oregon which is all so called Woolie Mammoth which can be accessed in my signature.

mine is a string quilt I made (mini, about 12" square)

Mine is my daughters high school graduation quilt made by her grandma. It is an Irish chain with cats in the middle. Cats were drawn by a cousin. Modeling it is my daughters cat!! We are a family of Irish chain lovers!

I did a rooster, since I am hosting the funky chicken swap. Plus my daughter helped me with some pics~

Mine is the quilt I made for my MIL. When she passed the quilt came back to me. She loved puple big time. It's the stack'n'slash method.

I'm planning on changing my Avatar every couple weeks, as I have so many beautiful quilts to share. Love hearing the stories... Like the cute little ones in the avatars, who are they? One of my Granddaughter's was in the Angel quilt I did.
    All the pets, I love that. I'll do one of my chickens also. It'll be never ending changes. Look for them.

Blog Entries
    My avatar is the autism awareness ribbon with my two boys' names on it. My oldest has Aspergers and my middle has Pervasive Development Disorder.

mine is my other love- muscle cars. It's a 1967 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible. It's putaway for the winter by April starts car season and the top goes down and the cruises start.

Blog Entries
    It is me, in front of my first queen sized quilt. It is a 1910 Liberty of London reproduction fabric from an Historic club I was in during 2008. I won Honorable Mention ribbon at our quilt show in 2009! Since, I have made a second queen size quilt and am working on my third! :)

Mine is explained in my signature and the quote is related to the loss of my child in November. Quilting has kept me from taking to my bed.

Mine is a patriotic log cabin that I made for my son who is in the Air Force. I gave it to him last September just before he left for a three year assignment to Alaska. It has some Air Force strips in it but you can't see them in the picture.

OH MY goodness! Love, Love, Love it! Your longarm quilting is Fabulous...I want to try Mctavishing, too. Thanks for sharing this beautiful quilt!
    Karen in La.

"Nuff said :-D

Blog Entries
    Your quilt is beautiful!

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    Thanks for asking this question Suzequilts. I've really enjoyed reading the thread.

My avatar is of a quilt that I designed and sewed while helping my dad to care for my mom who had Alzheimers and cancer. We had decided to forgo treatment. My life was so filled with her terminal illnesses and the stress of my job and family that I felt as though I was living in a dark pit. Anyway, I had the idea to make a bright, happy quilt. This is it. It probably kept me from falling into the bottom of that pit. Just before her death, I was able to tell mom that the quilt won a first place ribbon in our guild show. I don't really think she understood my words, but I told her anyway.

Mine is a quilt I made for my mother. I just started making quilts a few years ago and really enjoy it. It's funny really, I just detested sewing when I was in high school and when I got married I taught myself to sew with my first daughter (it was cheaper to make her clothes back then). I am still in awe of the beautiful talent on here and so glad to found this site!

Blog Entries
    Mine is on the beach in Mexico with a rainbow across the sky.

Beautiful quilt! Mine is a picture of some airplanes my DH has built over the years. He has been an avid flyer for almost 60 years and just needed a gift for him for last Christmas. We can always use quilts around our house and it's on our bed right now.

airplanes
    Name:  Attachment-149405.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  54.3 KB

Blog Entries
    My current avatar is my little furbaby Bitsy. She is quite a bit larger now. In the picture she was about 3 months old. She's now about 6 lbs 10 ounces and about 11 months old. At nine weeks she could fit her entire body in the palm of my hand. She's such a sweet girl, and I'm so glad I saved her from certain death. :wink:

Mine is the first quilt I made, last August.

Mine is my precious doggie Tessie sitting on her favourite quilt. Sadly Tessie went to doggie heaven in December last year and I miss her terribly, she was my shadow.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast