Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What is on your sewing table?

I'm working on the spider web quilt as a leader/ender quilt. Pattern is from Quiltville, Bonnie Hunt's website with lots of scrap quilt patterns for free!

The second one is a string quilt that I'm hand quilting in the plain squares. The string squares have already been machine quilted.

I'm actually working on a couple of others. A baby quilt which is ready to quilt and a QAYG square in a square that my dear aunt made the blocks for back in the 70's. I'm still looking for the right yellow for binding. No pictures of those yet.

=^..^=
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://q-nonnie.blogspot.com

I have this rope in my hands. I can't figure out whether I found a rope or lost my horse.

Blog Entries
    Right now it is piled high with fabric of all sizes. I haaave looked at so many of your shelves organized and thought maybe I would do a simple version of that as I do not have a huge stash. I like what you are working on.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

very pretty. nothing on my table at present. Have been out of town for 2 months and NEVER again without a machine!!!

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Missus Fear View Post
    I love this. Stashed away in a drawer is one of my labor intensive projects, my Cathedral Windows.
    So glad I could call my hand stitched Cathedral window a mini quilt !! Very labor intensive and lots of muslin. all folded. I had to get to a library to find the original pattern/instructions for this beautiful pattern !

I live in the apartment we built for our daughter while she finished college as a young wife and mother, then son's fience to finish her last year of nursing when her father was layed off, then for my mother to live in... We now live in this wonderful apartment with heating and airconditioning, bar with stove and micrwave and refergerator meant for one or few people ! I MISS a sewing room in my 4 bedroom, 2 full bath, two living room house that is used now by my daughter, her husband and two kids with dog returned ! hah! I miss a sewing room and Geneology room.

Tools are to repair, not to create. learned to use a screwdriver and repair a lamp at age 10. "All girls need to know tools" must have been my mother's father's moto.. she taught us well !

thanks for the note!

Ell
    Sometimes you just have to sit in a chair and jog in order to get anywhere.
    Ell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by solstice3 View Post
    very pretty. nothing on my table at present. Have been out of town for 2 months and NEVER again without a machine!!!

OH MY ! Withdrawls !! Major for me ! Hope soon you get back in the swing !

Ell
    Ell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie View Post
    I'm working on the spider web quilt as a leader/ender quilt. Pattern is from Quiltville, Bonnie Hunt's website with lots of scrap quilt patterns for free!

The second one is a string quilt that I'm hand quilting in the plain squares. The string squares have already been machine quilted.

I'm actually working on a couple of others. A baby quilt which is ready to quilt and a QAYG square in a square that my dear aunt made the blocks for back in the 70's. I'm still looking for the right yellow for binding. No pictures of those yet.

=^..^=
    fun ideas ! thanks for sharing !
    Ell

Blog Entries
    Wow ! so many ideas and so much fun seeing other's work and what is piled on their tables.. ! I don't know if I am to respond to everyone .. I do miss the like button from facebook !! Thank you all for your posts !

Ell
    Ell

Can't wait to see this. Sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by fatsewcat View Post
    I love your quilt. Very bright and colorful.

I am currently working a Koi pond quilt. It is currently still in the hand applique stage. I have 3 lotus flowers to add and a 3 dragonflies before I start the finishing details with the actual quilting.

Here's a glimps of what I was working on.
    Carla Stewart
    Frankfort, Kentucky

Blog Entries
    Well, I am currently side-tracked from quilting (not for long though). The American doll-like doll for my DGD arrived yesterday along with Nancy Zeiman's 30-minute doll clothes book and DVD. I will be making doll clothes for DGD's birthday and Christmas. And her doll will have her own quilt too, of course!!

Everyone's GFG quilts are gorgeous. That is a territory I haven't explored yet. I have heard it is a great take along project though. I already have a big vase full of yoyos that I make when we go places in the car.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    I made this yesterday for my grand daughter, and I bought fabric today to make one for one of my grandsons. I plan to make one each pay day until I have 8 of them for Christmas for all of my grandkids. Pillow beds for nap time or TV time.

The other thing on my table... I'm cutting 7 inch charms from tons of fabric scraps to make an I SPY quilt for one of my grandsons. It's his turn to get one, four grandkids got them for Christmas, and two had their already. He wants one so badly.
    Hi, I love your pillow bed. I am curious to know if you can slip the pillows in and out in order to wash the cover? That sure would be fun to make for grandkids visits and to give them for their homes.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

What is on my sewing table, you ask? Anything and everything BUT sewing!! I can't believe I'm even showing ya'll this mess hahahaha
    Name:  011 (640x480).jpg
Views: 296
Size:  213.6 KB
    Name:  012 (640x480).jpg
Views: 297
Size:  233.2 KB
    Name:  013 (640x480).jpg
Views: 290
Size:  226.2 KB
    Name:  014 (640x480).jpg
Views: 292
Size:  227.4 KB
    Name:  015 (640x480).jpg
Views: 292
Size:  236.3 KB
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terri bb View Post
    after our son left for job corps and i am still putting things away in a sewing room i have now i figured i should finish a scrap quilt i started about 8 months ago. my dad is coming up for a visit in sept with his gf and she is a quilter. there is no WAY im having a wal mart blanket for a bedspread on the bed in the spare room! i did the applique today, will finish construction and a border tomorrow. then i need to get it quilted ASAP!! the more i work on this the more i really like it! i've got some strip blocks behind it on the left and a table runner peeking up also that need to be finished. and a few other things piled up here and there i would like to get finished! it's been fun reading what you all have been working on and i love the colors of your gfg, it is beautiful! Attachment 351254
    That's a great quilt!
    Stephanie in Mena

English PP Alphabet

Very nice! I like to play with EPP, here is a project i'm in the midst of now
    Attached Images Attached Images

You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
    You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go. (Dr. Seuss)

I love your sewing room, Brenda!
    You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go. (Dr. Seuss)

Linda, those pillow beds are wonderful! Do you just measure and sew or is there instructions?

Quilter1943, your avatar is intriguing. I wish I could see it closer. For some reason I love trees in quilts!

Blog Entries
    Way too much stuff and 2 cats. I am currently working on a vest for my mom and a baby quilt for my niece. Also doing the 50 paper pieced stars on here and a Dear Jane. There are also several projects on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    1st pic is of GFG that I started last April when I was still driving my 18 wheeler. It was what I worked on when I was being loaded & unloaded & now it's my TV time project. I've got 14 more flowers to go out of 110 til finished. 2nd pic is titled "These colors have no fear". It'll be a wallhanging & a show quilt with HEAVY quilting on it. GFG is all done by hand, Eagle's flying geese is 3-D.
    That wallhanging made me think of my DH, NAVY Officer, (recently retired)... There is a song, "Where the Stars and Stripes, and the Eagle Flies" by Aaron Tippin we played at his commissioning right after 911. He loves that song.

It could be called that. Nice.
    "Wimpy Christian's won't survive spiritual warfare"- Carman

I’m going to try and work on my sewing room this weekend. It is so crammed full of stuff I don’t even know what’s what. I bought about 25 pieces of foam core to try to redo how I store my fabrics. Right now it’s all in bins and it’s such an ordeal to take them out to look. Added on top of that is all the beading stuff I’ve acquired plus all the stuff I’ve collected to make the crafty things for the October show (thrift store mugs to go with future mug rugs; pots, forks and plaster of Paris to make the recipe holders; empty tuna cans and thrift store porcelain do-dads to make into pin cushions; knit gloves to decorate with yo-yo flowers; batting already cut and labeled for making purses; new patterns to make new things). Oh, my goodness! Just typing up the list made me realize how much junk is in that room … where in the world shall I put it? No wonder I don’t have room to work!

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Hi, I love your pillow bed. I am curious to know if you can slip the pillows in and out in order to wash the cover? That sure would be fun to make for grandkids visits and to give them for their homes.
    Linda... I Can post tutorial with pics when I do my next one, but basically... it's this simple... 2 1/5 yards of 60 inch fabric, I used Jersey Knit, fold your selvages under and sew them down, Lay down inside out, folded over as a pillow sham is folded. But, just so a standard pillow will lay end to end across the folded fabric. Sew the ends closed, and turn the long giant sham right side out. Lay out flat and nice, mark across at 21 inch intervals down to make your pillow cases for each one. It's 3 seams for four pillows. That's it! Slip your Standard pillows in and it's done. They fold easy and can be tied with a ribbon to store or gift.

Blog Entries
    Love seeing everything that all of you have posted! This is the first time in a long time that I have read every post in posting. I think this is one of the best I've seen in awhile, although I love looking at all of your quilts, I don't always read what everyone has to say about them. Since this one asked for more pictures, I guess I couldn't wait to see what the rest of you had to offer. as it turned out a great deal.
    I have just finished up two quilts with the binding on each, and have one in the washer right now. As it turned out after finishing up the last one, I found that I had turned one block a 1/4 of a turn which made it look really weird. I can't take it apart, so I guess I';; have to live with the mistake. I sent it out to have it quilted, and she didn't say anything about seeing it. Maybe she didn't. I thought after making 15 quilts, that i had finally made one that was completely right. WRONG!!!!!!!!!

is this english paper piecing ? ilove it iam making one and a purse with e. p. p. fun suzieQ

Linda... I posted a tutorial for anyone who would like to make this simple fun thing!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...ml#post5396445

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    That wallhanging made me think of my DH, NAVY Officer, (recently retired)... There is a song, "Where the Stars and Stripes, and the Eagle Flies" by Aaron Tippin we played at his commissioning right after 911. He loves that song.

It could be called that. Nice.
    I REALLY like your idea! I went back & looked at the picture & it really does say that, doesn't it? My DH had come up with the other name...retired Army. Going to have to hunt down the Aaron Tippin song too, am curious to hear it now.

Pretty quilts, all of them. I do like your fussy cutting, makes it interesting!
    Live and let live!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast