Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What is on your sewing table?

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries

What is on your sewing table?

This is what I am working on.. Please share what is on your sewing table?

Grandmother's Flower Garden, tummy time baby blanket for Miss Scarlett that is getting too old for this ! I plan on keeping it at my house, for when she visits..

A favorite pattern, labor intensive but so fun to find each fun fabric print flower among the garden.

Please, used advanced post and share what you are working on .

Love to see the differant projects inprogress.

Ell
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sometimes you just have to sit in a chair and jog in order to get anywhere.
    Ell

Blog Entries
    I like your fussy cuts... very nice

LOL, ok the truth is.....scrapbooking things. I spent hours last night making tags for candy containers for my daughter's baby shower in a few weeks. Used the cardtable that goes with my featherweight machine. I haven't had a chance to sew in months. Don't even have a baby quilt made yet..........I am so behind...........................

Kat

Blog Entries
    Not on sewing table but on lap is a gfg.. Lol can you post a picture ofName:  20120709_174957.jpg
Views: 5198
Size:  794.7 KBName:  20120709_174957.jpg
Size:  794.7 KBName:  20120709_174957.jpg
Size:  794.7 KB you edges of the quilt please. Beautiful quilt by the way.

Blog Entries
    Oh boy. I am going to miss my facebook like button.. thanks for posting you two !
    Ell

Truth be told I have spent the last few days organizing some quilt, crochet patterns that I have printed and needed to get organized so then decided I might as well clean the whole room before I get back to my DH's quilt. I love your quilt it has some nice fabrics I'm glad to see someone is getting something done. Sue

Blog Entries
    Im sorry no idea y it posted 3 times... Some of my paper is removed from some, but gonna take forever removing rest and basting stitches. I was unsure how to finish off the edges either half block or leave empty. If you would post more pics of yous please.

I love your quilt. Very bright and colorful.

I am currently working a Koi pond quilt. It is currently still in the hand applique stage. I have 3 lotus flowers to add and a 3 dragonflies before I start the finishing details with the actual quilting.

Here's a glimps of what I was working on.

Carla - Pretty BRW GFG quilt!

Blog Entries

lap quilt is the shape of large hexigon

lap quilt is shape of large hexigon.. other problem solved by cutting off the odd edges making other quilt rectangle. cheating.. not sure how I will solve my edges this time.. thanks for asking..

Ell

I just returned from vacation - hit 4 quilt stores along the way. Decided that it was time to sort and reorganize the stash again. I am delighted with the fabric stash I have!!! I am hosting a Civil War block swap - so those are cut, still working on NICU quilts, as well as American Doll clothes, and getting some small items done - check book covers, placemats and table toppers to be used as door prizes for a golf tournament I am in Aug 4.
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fatsewcat View Post
    I am currently working a Koi pond quilt. .
    love the fabrics.. can't wait to see your final post! I am going to miss saying hi to everyone.. thanks for posting.
    Ell

That is a beautiful quilt. I have been looking for Grandma's Flower Garden pattern for a long time. Is there anyway you could share it with me. I am in the middle of a t-shirt memory quilt for my son. Sorry, I do not know how to post pictures, nor do I have a phone or digital camera. But I learn a lot from this site. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the pictures. Keep us updated please. This is my first of the English paper piecing. I agree great take along or just sitting in front of TV.

Blog Entries
    Connectingthreads has some great free patterns for gfg,, and English paper piecing. YouTube has some good step by steps. I googled English paper piecing and pulled up those few and a mess load of others

Whats on my sewing table? Looks like half my sewing/craft room! I finally had enough! LOL Am on second week of sorting out, cleaning, painting, and reorganizing the whole room. Room is the size of a one car garage, and I haven't really done a deep cleaning like this in at least 20 years! Haven't been able to sew in 2 weeks.

Blog Entries
    i've been sewing for my vacation... 7 dresses and 3 jackets. also made 2 pillowcase dresses for my dgd's b'day.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

i can't wait to see this one finished.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I have started cutting out a quilt that has appliqued flip flops. Also, hand quilting a top that my grandmother hand pieced ( she gave the top to our youngest son when he got married).

I also need to deep clean my sewing room. Maybe I will start next week on it.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
    I just returned from vacation - hit 4 quilt stores along the way. Decided that it was time to sort and reorganize the stash again. I am delighted with the fabric stash I have!!! I am hosting a Civil War block swap - so those are cut, still working on NICU quilts, as well as American Doll clothes, and getting some small items done - check book covers, placemats and table toppers to be used as door prizes for a golf tournament I am in Aug 4.
    Ooooh.... did somebody say "Civil War"? I can't wait to see those blocks!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
    Whats on my sewing table? Looks like half my sewing/craft room! I finally had enough! LOL Am on second week of sorting out, cleaning, painting, and reorganizing the whole room. Room is the size of a one car garage, and I haven't really done a deep cleaning like this in at least 20 years! Haven't been able to sew in 2 weeks.
    Oh, I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one. My sewing room looks like a bomb went off in there. I know I should clean it so I could really sew (as opposed to the "kinda sewing" I've been doing on the dining room table).
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    i've been sewing for my vacation... 7 dresses and 3 jackets. also made 2 pillowcase dresses for my dgd's b'day.
    I keep hearing about pillowcase dresses. Are they hard to make? They sound neat!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

after our son left for job corps and i am still putting things away in a sewing room i have now i figured i should finish a scrap quilt i started about 8 months ago. my dad is coming up for a visit in sept with his gf and she is a quilter. there is no WAY im having a wal mart blanket for a bedspread on the bed in the spare room! i did the applique today, will finish construction and a border tomorrow. then i need to get it quilted ASAP!! the more i work on this the more i really like it! i've got some strip blocks behind it on the left and a table runner peeking up also that need to be finished. and a few other things piled up here and there i would like to get finished! it's been fun reading what you all have been working on and i love the colors of your gfg, it is beautiful! Name:  021.JPG
Views: 716
Size:  947.2 KB
    A rolling stone gathers no moss

Right now, on my sewing table is everything but the sewing machine (which is currently underneath the table)--my iron, my cutting mat, a few rulers, a few fabrics (I am just starting the cutting on 3 quilts). Oh, and some stabilizer and my box of embroidery threads. I think I need another table LOL.
    ​Krysti

At this very moment there is a shirt that I am making for one of my grandsons. My daughter took him to a great quilt store in Northridge, CA (I think) called Candy's and told him to pick out a few prints he liked for some new button down shirts for school. I may have already mentioned this. He picked out six prints before she told him enough already. So now I have two done, one nearly and three more to go. I just finished five skirts for my daughter and a top.

Like some of you I had to take a break and clean today. It sure messes up quickly. But now I can breathe and get something accomplished. I want to get all this done and start on a quilt or two and some other things that I want to make for Christmas gifts. Oh the pressure.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast