Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Who said something about addictive???!!!

Cool Who said something about addictive???!!!

😁😁😁 yes, here are a few more of my bags and there’ll be plenty more to come and just so I don’t run out of fabric, I bought a bit more 😂😂😂😂, just to make sure!!! It was on special and I had the feeling it was very sad because it wasn’t getting enough attention 😆😆😆
    The first bag is for my darling DIL, the next ones for friends and the last 3 were made out of pillow cases (the last 2 aren’t lined) also I had to get my brain wired a little differently for a bit so tried another folded hot pad 😉 Thanks for looking ♥️♥️♥️ and you all have an awesome week 🤩🤩🤩
    Attached Images Attached Images

Elfi
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds....you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!!!

The things you do for yourself are gone when you’re gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy. ~ Kalu Kalu

wow you were busy, making everyone happy too.

Your bags and hot pad are great! How nice to be so productive!
    Last edited by MicheleC; 03-24-2019 at 10:35 PM. Reason: I misread and want to amend my statement.

Blog Entries
    You have been busy. As we get closer to phasing out plastic bags, retailers will need all of us to have a good supply of our own bags. Can see the need for those!
    Mavis

Blog Entries
    nicely done
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    Wow, you’ve cranked out quite a few and certainly seem to be enjoying the bag patterns. I especially like the reversible totes...
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Wow, you are on a roll--a very productive one! Nice work!

How fun! You will have lots of joy giving these lovelies to their future owners.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Very nice bags and it seems you certainly have been busy.

You have been busy and they all look great.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Wow! Amazing work. Glad you didn't leave any fabric behind that would feel neglected!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-26-2019 at 03:55 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Can we say that you're a bag lady? Lots of great pieces here.

Wow, you have been busy. Nice bags and like the potholder. I just made a quilt block like that. It is really heavy is your hot pad heavy?

Pot holder/hit pad

Quote Originally Posted by sJens View Post
    Wow, you have been busy. Nice bags and like the potholder. I just made a quilt block like that. It is really heavy is your hot pad heavy?
    Yes, it tends to get quite heavy as I sew the fabric straight onto a piece of padded scrap (mattress protector I use as wadding on quilts) so I’ve never tried to sew it onto just a piece of fabric to see how heavy this would make it. I might give it a try to use as a front piece of a bag 😁
    Elfi
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds....you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!!!

The things you do for yourself are gone when you’re gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy. ~ Kalu Kalu

Plastic bags are soon to be banned here. So I need to make some bags. Thanks for the ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilrain View Post
    Plastic bags are soon to be banned here. So I need to make some bags. Thanks for the ideas!
    They’ve been banned here since last July and what an uproar it was 🤢🤢🤢 so it was just such a good idea to get into making shopping bags for family and friends 😍😍😍

Quote Originally Posted by sue.ross.8782 View Post
    Can we say that you're a bag lady? Lots of great pieces here.
    Sue, it's funny you saying that as a friend from church calls me that too I have been sewing bags before doing quilts and then stopped until Queensland had the good idea to ban plastic bags last Juli, so in between quilts I make bags. It's also been so hot here those past months that I just didn't feel up to tackle a big job (quilt) so the bags don't take long and it's quite relaxing
    Those are some bags I used to make with upholstery fabric to which I added either beads or golden decorations
    Attached Images Attached Images

Elfi

Great bags.

I must remember your excuse to buy more fabric.....It was on special and I had the feeling it was very sad because it wasn’t getting enough attention

That is the best one I have heard about so far.

Quote Originally Posted by busy fingers View Post
    Great bags.

I must remember your excuse to buy more fabric.....It was on special and I had the feeling it was very sad because it wasn’t getting enough attention

That is the best one I have heard about so far.
    ������ I rescue fabric trapped in the fabric store �� I’m not a hoarder I’m a Hero ������
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-29-2019 at 01:32 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Elfi