Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
WIP  - Quilt made with AccuQuilt Go 3inHalf sq >

WIP - Quilt made with AccuQuilt Go 3inHalf sq

WIP - Quilt made with AccuQuilt Go 3inHalf sq

Old 01-11-2011, 11:32 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

OK so I had these laid out on my dining table and took a step back.. I didn't like what I saw.. it didn't stand out like i wanted it to. SO I decided to move this there and that here and finally, I like the placement of my scrappy blocks.. I know crazy to think there is a method to scrappyness.. So then, now how do I keep them in order?? DING DING DING.. Light bulb went off.. I grabbed the painters tape and tapped it all the way across the blocks.. hmm.... then how do i transport them to my sewing room.. DING DING DING.. the cardboard rolls that the foodsavers baggies come off of.. Taped row numbers to the end of the roll and TA DA!!!!

OK for those of you who already thought of this, thanks for letting me in on that secret. NOT!! but for those who suddenly saw the light like I did.. Hope it helps..

rows 7 & 8
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158633[/ATTACH]

Rollin, rollin, rollin..( Rawhide!! - ok well I thought it was funny.. )
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158634[/ATTACH]

Painters tape.. Who wudda thunk it?!?!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158635[/ATTACH]

Finally I like the placement of the blocks..Not perfect but I can live with it..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158636[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158628.jpe   attachment-158629.jpe   attachment-158630.jpe   attachment-158631.jpe  
Old 01-12-2011, 06:13 AM

This is gonna be a fantastic quilt! I also love the tips like the painters tape and cardboard rolls. (my son will have a fit when he sees me saving them now lol)
Old 01-12-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
OK so I had these laid out on my dining table and took a step back.. I didn't like what I saw.. it didn't stand out like i wanted it to. SO I decided to move this there and that here and finally, I like the placement of my scrappy blocks.. I know crazy to think there is a method to scrappyness.. So then, now how do I keep them in order?? DING DING DING.. Light bulb went off.. I grabbed the painters tape and tapped it all the way across the blocks.. hmm.... then how do i transport them to my sewing room.. DING DING DING.. the cardboard rolls that the foodsavers baggies come off of.. Taped row numbers to the end of the roll and TA DA!!!!

OK for those of you who already thought of this, thanks for letting me in on that secret. NOT!! but for those who suddenly saw the light like I did.. Hope it helps..
Briliant!!!(SP???)
Old 01-12-2011, 09:50 AM

WOW! It's looking great.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:01 AM

I love scrappy quilts and this is great! And thanks so much for the painters tape idea! This will work well with taking blocks in rows off my design wall to sew together.

ruth
Old 01-13-2011, 12:27 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

OK well Ive been sewing from 1am to 4am. Its the only un- interrupted 'me' time I have due to the cold snow days- schools out :thumbdown: ... With that being said some of my squares are a bit wonky, well not bad considering this is a scrappy quilt BUT i decided i wanted to change it up a bit..
I decided to put a sash between rows.. Only one way tho- horizontally.. Haven't sewed the sashing yet but this is just a visual of what I think i want to do with it.. ..

So whatcha think?!?!?!?!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-159508.jpe  
Old 01-13-2011, 12:30 PM

I like the 2nd picture.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:31 PM

How creative. Looks great.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:19 PM

I wanted black borders in between my rows not only to make this quilt larger but to hide my mistakes.. Yup quilting at wee hours of the night your eyes plays tricks on ya.. (yea that's my story and I'm sticking to it !!! ) My blocks are all wonky and soooo not evenly square , but I quilted along anyhow.. My first plan was to make each row off centered on point.. With the borders it looks like a lot of ciaos going on.. Being scrappy I wanted it to have some thing going on but, ciaos?! , yea, no not so much. SO I went to the original plan on point even rows..

Here's what it kinda is starting to look like..
Attached Thumbnails attachment-161736.jpe  
Old 01-16-2011, 11:15 PM

I finished up the rows and one of the borders.. tomorrow I think Ill add a few more different borders just to make it slightly larger.. As is Its 65x85
Attached Thumbnails attachment-162130.jpe