Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
A Wonky-Cornered Pineapple (NO PP, NO Pattern, NO Matching!) >

A Wonky-Cornered Pineapple (NO PP, NO Pattern, NO Matching!)

A Wonky-Cornered Pineapple (NO PP, NO Pattern, NO Matching!)

Old 11-02-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by greaterexp
I can't wait for the tutorial! Love this quilt!! Scrap quilts are favorites of mine; they remind me of what so many antique/vintage quilts made by our great-grandmothers were like. They used what they had and made them into beautiful, useful, warm pieces of art! Thanks for sharing this.
Me too! Thank you so much, greaterexp! I love those quilts of yesteryear too!! They did exceptionally well with what they had on hand!! Looking forward to doing the tut and your very welcome!! It'll be exciting seeing all those wonky Pineapple quilts!!

:-D :-D 8-) ;)
Old 11-02-2010, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
I love it! I am trying my hand at scrappy right now for the first time!
OMG, welcome to the club!!! You will just adore scrappy!! Once you hit that category, it's hard to turn back!!! I've never made it out of scrappy yet. Guess those 2 color quilts will just have to wait for me. haha. Hope you have fun making this one when I get the tut up and running!! Thank you, KGoodhand and good luck with your new scrappy venture!
:-D :-D 8-) 8-) ;-) ;-)
Old 11-02-2010, 11:07 AM

Wow, that is great.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by quiltbible
I really love your quilt.:thumbup: :thumbup: I always wanted to make a pineapple quilt. I even pulled out my pineapple books just late week. I guess you have inspired me to start mines.

tea
Thank you, quiltbible, for loving my quilt!! I really enjoyed putting it together. I'm so glad you are inspired now, be sure and watch for my tut! I'll PM you so you don't miss it! The pineapple block is the best!! They make up so wonderfully!!

:-D :-D :D ;)
Old 11-02-2010, 11:57 AM

I'll bet you aren't surprised that I'm going to try this one in Alabama. I just learned how to do the "Exploding Pineapple" and if yours is as easy or easier than that, I'll really be happy.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Zephyr
I'll bet you aren't surprised that I'm going to try this one in Alabama. I just learned how to do the "Exploding Pineapple" and if yours is as easy or easier than that, I'll really be happy.
Mine is a piece of cake to do!! The exploding pineapple technique is ok but it doesn't work for an 'all scrap' block like I wanted! It's so simple to go around the block adding scraps, cutting the excess away and adding the next scrap til you're done! What could be simpler and there's nothing to precut beforehand unless you like to have your center squares all cut out first and ready to piece with. That's all there is to it! It 'automatically' becomes wonky because there is no reference point the further you get away from the center square as it becomes irregular then. After studying the block, I finally drew my conclusions and hope you'll enjoy it as much as the exploding technique!!

:-D :-D
Old 11-02-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by quiltedlamb07
Wow, that is great.
Thank you so much, quiltedlamb07! Hope you'll give it a try when I get the tut posted by Fri. hopefully!

:-D :-D
Old 11-02-2010, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Originally Posted by madamekelly
Your quilt fairly vibrates with life!
Thank you, madamekelly!! I loved it from the beginning. The 1st block was too little, the 2nd block was too big and I couldn't wait to get done with that one, but the 3rd block was just right!! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's copy of my quilt or their rendition! Hope you'll make one too! :-D :-D :-D
:lol: :lol: :lol: That sounded like Goldilocks and the 3 bears.

Looking forward to the tute. Hope mine comes out half as gorgeous as yours.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

very interesting.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk
Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Originally Posted by madamekelly
Your quilt fairly vibrates with life!
Thank you, madamekelly!! I loved it from the beginning. The 1st block was too little, the 2nd block was too big and I couldn't wait to get done with that one, but the 3rd block was just right!! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's copy of my quilt or their rendition! Hope you'll make one too! :-D :-D :-D
:lol: :lol: :lol: That sounded like Goldilocks and the 3 bears.

Looking forward to the tute. Hope mine comes out half as gorgeous as yours.
I thought the same thing and laughed out loud about it!!! The 3rd bed was 'just right'!!!! Everything truly does run in '3's.' haha. Your quilt will come out gorgeous!! If you want one better than mine, do it in reverse with white centers and a red background!! That red background would pop those colors right off the chart!! Even better would be an assortment of colors for the ctr. sq! Just be sure to keep those sherbert colors in the corners and you'll have a quilt better than mine! I'll PM you, burnsk, when I post the tute! Thank you so much!!!
:D :D ;)