Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like to see ??

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wow, great work! Love her.

Wow. that is great. I wish I could do that. I have a peacock that showed up here about an hour ago. He would make a beautiful quilt.

VERY COOL!!

great job, i bet that took awhile to make it.

Outstanding work.

OB
    Beautiful !! Really captures the beauty of the animal :thumbup:

that is very cool

COWABUNGA!

I think it's great. We live on a farm in Arkansas, so thats a subject we see all the time.

Cute!

Very cool!

Blog Entries
    I just love this!!!!!

WOW - that's great - thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    I don't know how I missed this one! I will not show it to my DH! He'd want me to do one of our Guernseys. Don't think I would be up for this type of work! And I sew with 3/4" pieces once in a while! Great job, a beautiful rendition of an Excellent cow.

Power Poster
    Holy Cow!!! That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad
    I don't know how I missed this one! I will not show it to my DH! He'd want me to do one of our Guernseys. Don't think I would be up for this type of work! And I sew with 3/4" pieces once in a while! Great job, a beautiful rendition of an Excellent cow.
    aha! I can talk cow with you .... you can pass the word to DH that yes, she was an Excellent cow and a show winner too ... at 5yo, won her class as well as Best Bred and Owned. Go for it and do one of your Guernseys .......... and if you work in 3/4" pieces, this would be a piece of cake!

I'm hoping that this version will go to the Fair or two this year, and will also be a Class Winner!!!!

very, very nice!
    Wish I was brave enough to try with a photo of GC

Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    very, very nice!
    Do you have guernseys too? Go for it!!!!

I'd love to see you and OKSewGlad take up the challenge ... and I bet we could persuade MamaBear to do it too ..... though she might have to make more than one breed!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    very, very nice!

I'd love to see you and OKSewGlad take up the challenge ... and I bet we could persuade MamaBear to do it too ..... though she might have to make more than one breed!!! :)
    I would have to try it with a Jersey first, less room for error in colour placement. Back in the day when we had to draw markings for registration papers, I wasn't very good, that job usually fell to my mother and brother, as my artistic talent was limited at best. Maybe I would be better using fabric than I was with a pencil and paper :oops:

Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    I would have to try it with a Jersey first, less room for error in colour placement. Back in the day when we had to draw markings for registration papers, I wasn't very good, that job usually fell to my mother and brother, as my artistic talent was limited at best. Maybe I would be better using fabric than I was with a pencil and paper :oops:
    I just used the photo and put a grid on it and went from there. I've been thinking of a Jersey too, but honestly, I think the fabric choice would be harder!!! :lol: Now tell me, how are you going to get that milk mustache? or that natural shading? Of course, I can almost guess which Jersey it'd be .... JB right? :)

So does this mean you are up for the challenge? That'd make three of you!!!!!!!!!!! :)

That is totally cool

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    very, very nice!

Years ago I used to draw the heifers' markings. Then we had a heifer with very few spots and had to tatoo her. Been doing it that way ever since.

Blog Entries
    aha! I can talk cow with you .... you can pass the word to DH that yes, she was an Excellent cow and a show winner too ... at 5yo, won her class as well as Best Bred and Owned. Go for it and do one of your Guernseys .......... and if you work in 3/4" pieces, this would be a piece of cake!

I'm hoping that this version will go to the Fair or two this year, and will also be a Class Winner!!!!
    I have a feeling it will be. Unlike the real thing she won't change from day to day! LOL We don't do a lot of showing. GK's are just starting 4-H so will be hitting the Tanbark Trail (or portions of it) over the next few years as we did when ours were in 4-H.
    On the 21st we appraise cows through the AGA. Hoping to raise a 90 pt cow to 92 or more. Who knows? She's at her bloom stage right now too. Nice to have someone here who understands "cow" regardless of breed!

community benefactor sfguimaraes's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    WOW, it is soooo beautiful! I love it! :thumbup:

I have a feeling it will be. Unlike the real thing she won't change from day to day! LOL We don't do a lot of showing. GK's are just starting 4-H so will be hitting the Tanbark Trail (or portions of it) over the next few years as we did when ours were in 4-H.
    On the 21st we appraise cows through the AGA. Hoping to raise a 90 pt cow to 92 or more. Who knows? She's at her bloom stage right now too. Nice to have someone here who understands "cow" regardless of breed!
    WOW ... you get lots of advance notice. Here we only get a call the night before, rarely two nights before. Good Luck on the re-scoring! At times we sold cattle that went to your State!!

Are you all Guernseys? We were 1/2 Holstein and 1/2 Jerseys!!

And meanwhile the non-cow/farm people are thinking .... what the heck is going on here? :)

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast