Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Yesterday >

Yesterday

Yesterday

Old 12-23-2010, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
Originally Posted by IrishNY
I got up, decided to make pillow cases for nieces and nephews for Christmas. I called work and said I'd be in late after I got a few done. (Never got to work at all :-) ) Finished them last night.

Even better - decided I would not go to the LQS for fabric but would shop my stash. I found great fabrics in my own stash - I doubt I would have found anything I liked better at the shop and now I feel so virtuous that I might need to reward myself with a trip to the LQS (just kidding).

Still have to bind a quilt for my son before the big day, but I am getting there.
I know this sounds corny but I have no idea how to make these beautiful cases. Wish someone was closeby to show me how. I would be every so grateful since my pillowcase supply looks a little tattered and torn. You did a beautiful job on them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLnrC9yo8tY

This video was created at a church just down the way from our place. Enjoy! <wave>
Old 12-23-2010, 09:50 PM

Very lovely pillowcases! Your fabric selection looks awesome!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
Originally Posted by IrishNY
I got up, decided to make pillow cases for nieces and nephews for Christmas. I called work and said I'd be in late after I got a few done. (Never got to work at all :-) ) Finished them last night.

Even better - decided I would not go to the LQS for fabric but would shop my stash. I found great fabrics in my own stash - I doubt I would have found anything I liked better at the shop and now I feel so virtuous that I might need to reward myself with a trip to the LQS (just kidding).

Still have to bind a quilt for my son before the big day, but I am getting there.
I know this sounds corny but I have no idea how to make these beautiful cases. Wish someone was closeby to show me how. I would be every so grateful since my pillowcase supply looks a little tattered and torn. You did a beautiful job on them.
I used the tutorial by the Missouri Star Quilt Company. This was the first time I made pillow cases and it was incredibly easy. I just watched the tutorial, and then ran it again, pausing so I could keep up. Try it - you can do it too.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:05 PM

love em all, especially the butterflies
Old 12-23-2010, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Maia B
Great job. I love pillowcases. So personal, comforting, and great way to use both deco stitches and stash fabrics. Great to make coordinating kids' pjs and pillowcases. Only prob is quilting cottons can be so wrinkley. Hate to give a gift that requires ironing. Any solution for that except chemicals?
Recent purchases of pillowcases has resulted in a lot of wrinkles after washing. I just smooth them out, fold and put on the shelf. By the time I put them on the bed, they are presentable enough. Might as well be coordinated rather than plain colors or white!
Old 12-24-2010, 03:23 AM

Just beautfiul! Great job stash matching!
Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2010, 03:25 AM

WOW Irish, can I come shop your stash? LOL Those are great!!
Old 12-24-2010, 04:08 AM

Love them!
Old 12-24-2010, 04:18 AM

I like your stash ! And the pillows will be well received. I am off to make acouple myself. Merry Christmas !
Old 12-24-2010, 04:39 AM

How cute. It always amazes me when some says they pulled it from their stash and make things that match perfectly and they had enough fabric for the project. Since I am new at this.....I think I need a stash.