Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: You Asked For Pictures So Here's My New Sewing Room!

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful gift you are giving your daughters... quilting, sewing, time with you, an understanding that their dad loves them enough to prepare this great space for you and them...

Looks GREAT!! thanks for sharing and have a TON of fun in there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabethann
    Wow - you work fast ! it would have taken me a month to make the move! Thanks for posting pictures :) i love pictures.
    :lol: Weeelll, the good thing about sharing a sewing room with two girls is that you also get two helpers when it's time to move. They helped to transfer everything from the dining room and then move all the sewing stuff downstairs. Then, we moved tables around until we had a layout that we all liked. Half of one day was just figuring out the layout. Once that was done, everything else just fell into place, literally! :lol:

I'm headed into the new room today to sew for the first time in a week (doctor's orders) so we'll see how well this setup works!

Quote Originally Posted by running1
    What a wonderful gift you are giving your daughters... quilting, sewing, time with you, an understanding that their dad loves them enough to prepare this great space for you and them...Looks GREAT!! thanks for sharing and have a TON of fun in there!!
    Couldn't agree more. Thanks to your DH for giving you such a valued space for creativity with your girls.

BTW, what's holding your ribbon spools up in the cabinet? I use a couple of simple spring rods, cheap & sturdy enough...also if you use those closet rod holders, you can cut a straight piece of dowel or conduit & it lifts up from one end.

Quote Originally Posted by cabinfever
    Quote Originally Posted by running1
    What a wonderful gift you are giving your daughters... quilting, sewing, time with you, an understanding that their dad loves them enough to prepare this great space for you and them...Looks GREAT!! thanks for sharing and have a TON of fun in there!!
    Couldn't agree more. Thanks to your DH for giving you such a valued space for creativity with your girls.

BTW, what's holding your ribbon spools up in the cabinet? I use a couple of simple spring rods, cheap & sturdy enough...also if you use those closet rod holders, you can cut a straight piece of dowel or conduit & it lifts up from one end.
    It's just a rod, like you said, that we bought at the local hardware store. DH made that along with the thread holder. When he saw the price of those others in the store he balked. He knew he could make larger ones for much cheaper and he did. He also included thicker dowels for the heavier serger spools for me.

what a great area to create in

Looks great.

I have that same ceiling light in my dining room. Great idea to group the machines.

Quote Originally Posted by intoquilting
    I have that same ceiling light in my dining room. Great idea to group the machines.
    Thanks! The girls like to be all together. In the old room, I had my machine on one table and they were across the room on another table. It was really difficult for them because they had no room to really sew because the wall was right behind their machines. Now, they're more than happy, though I may still move the machines around on the table. I miss having a hangoff area for my ironing board to carry the weight of the quilt. So, I'll just move the file cabinet that's behind the machines and keep it there.

Power Poster
    Great space. Wish I had it. Thanks for sharing.

I am envious!!!

So good for you and your Daughters to be able to sew in the same room. You will all be able to talk about the events of the day. Maybe when they get to the difficult years they will be so use to talking about things they will just keep on talking. I use dining table with glass top for some cutting and sandwiching my quilts. We only use it for breakfast, I then just move everything to the center.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    Pretty impressive!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2