Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
You Can't Cover Up With These Quilts!! - Part 2 >

You Can't Cover Up With These Quilts!! - Part 2

You Can't Cover Up With These Quilts!! - Part 2

Old 11-26-2010, 07:52 PM

These pieces of furniture are amazing! I have copied & pasted all of these pics into a someday file! My best friend has already put in an order for one! I told her my own came first. I have an antique settee that was going to be done in a tapestry but I think I am going to try using a quiltop to upholster it instead! I probably won't get around to it until at least next summer but my husband loved them too and thought we should make one for our house!
Old 11-26-2010, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by JEM65
These pieces of furniture are amazing! I have copied & pasted all of these pics into a someday file! My best friend has already put in an order for one! I told her my own came first. I have an antique settee that was going to be done in a tapestry but I think I am going to try using a quiltop to upholster it instead! I probably won't get around to it until at least next summer but my husband loved them too and thought we should make one for our house!
How nice to know your DH has the same taste as you!! They would look beautiful for your home and your settee will turn out better than a tapestry I'm sure!! How fortunate to have one of their pieces in your home!! I have an off-white antique love seat I would love to redo, but there's just no time for it. It'll go in my 'someday' file! haha.

:D :D ;) ;) ;)
Old 12-29-2010, 11:44 AM

Did my husband set you up for me to see this site? I went today and got a quote for my high back chair to be reupholstered...going to cost a fortune.
Believe it or not about 5 years ago, i got book material samples for upholstery and sewed blocks together and kind of pinned and made a loose covering for my chair. Did not like it cause it was loose but went no further.....hmmmmm imagine if i was more creative what i could have done....LOL IN MY DREAMS.

These are stunning IF ONLY..........
Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
Did my husband set you up for me to see this site? I went today and got a quote for my high back chair to be reupholstered...going to cost a fortune.
Believe it or not about 5 years ago, i got book material samples for upholstery and sewed blocks together and kind of pinned and made a loose covering for my chair. Did not like it cause it was loose but went no further.....hmmmmm imagine if i was more creative what i could have done....LOL IN MY DREAMS.

Yes, yes!! You needed to see this post!!! You need that dream reborn so you can finish what you started 5 years ago only this time it will fit perfect!! I have faith you'll finish and love the end results!! Besides, it's more fun to do it yourself! Go to the http://www.diy.com/furniturereupholstering/htm and read up on what you need to know about it. bol to you!! Yes, it's very possible!!!........ ;)

p.s. click on 'homepage' in red, then click on 'rooms', click on 'furniture' and you'll see the subheading 'reupholstering.'
;-) ;)
Old 12-29-2010, 12:29 PM

I want one of each...lol. Very pretty stuff.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr

Yes, yes!! You needed to see this post!!! You need that dream reborn so you can finish what you started 5 years ago only this time it will fit perfect!! I have faith you'll finish and love the end results!! Besides, it's more fun to do it yourself! Go to the http://www.diy.com/furniturereupholstering/htm and read up on what you need to know about it. bol to you!! Yes, it's very possible!!!........ ;)

p.s. click on 'homepage' in red, then click on 'rooms', click on 'furniture' and you'll see the subheading 'reupholstering.'
;-) ;)
You are such a darling for giving the site details.
:shock: Who knows maybe ONE DAY!!! Do not have the patience for that. BUT WOW
Old 12-29-2010, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr

;-) ;)
You are such a darling for giving the site details.
:shock: Who knows maybe ONE DAY!!! Do not have the patience for that. BUT WOW
We never know what we'll get into NEXT!! Maybe one of these days.....lol. I never dreamed I would one day go out and buy my own power saw, come home and make my own creche out of scrap lumber in the basement!! But I did!! haha.

:D :D ;) 8-)
Old 07-25-2011, 02:42 AM

BEAUTIFUL, just beautiful!!!