Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My quilting cabin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-quilting-cabin-t111347.html)

Always In Stitches 03-27-2011 09:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
We bought this old building from the Bible camp our kids went to in the summers. They buildt new cabins and needed to get rid of the old ones so here is one of them... The only problem is its hot in the summer and cold in the winter. South Dakota hot equals about +130' and cold in the winter equals about -40', so mostly it is for storage. Plus no electricity so I have to run a drop cord to it if I want to use it in the night and have on a light (which brings out the bugs) or plug in a radio or sewing machine or what have you... thought you'd like to see a quilt in another location other than on a wall or bed.. I am going to do my mail box this summer wait to see that...

My quilting cabin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176264[/ATTACH]

My quilting cabin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176265[/ATTACH]

connie d 03-27-2011 09:07 PM

Such a neat idea..love the quilts on the line too.

Melrose R 03-27-2011 09:08 PM

Wow, what a view you have in your yard! I love it!

Tippy 03-27-2011 09:08 PM

I love it... what an awesome idea..and You have some lovely pieces on the line.

cctx. 03-27-2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Melrose V
Wow, what a view you have in your yard! I love it!

Wow, I love the Beautiful quilt on your line (the large one) do you have a close-up photo of it?

The other quilts are Beautiful too, but I was drawn to your larger quilt.

GrannieAnnie 03-27-2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Always In Stitches
We bought this old building from the Bible camp our kids went to in the summers. They buildt new cabins and needed to get rid of the old ones so here is one of them... The only problem is its hot in the summer and cold in the winter. South Dakota hot equals about +130' and cold in the winter equals about -40', so mostly it is for storage. Plus no electricity so I have to run a drop cord to it if I want to use it in the night and have on a light (which brings out the bugs) or plug in a radio or sewing machine or what have you... thought you'd like to see a quilt in another location other than on a wall or bed.. I am going to do my mail box this summer wait to see that...

Novel approach. The quilts look like are at home

can we see a closer view of the Our Lady of Guadalupe quilt?

GrannieAnnie 03-27-2011 09:12 PM

Just now noticed your clothesline guard! Cutie.

Always In Stitches 03-27-2011 09:12 PM

The large one was at the AQS show in Des Moines a few years ago I'll look for a photo..

Always In Stitches 03-27-2011 09:15 PM

Yea, that is Katie Jo, She is my "Cheapest hired hand", here on the ranch. Boarder collie, that moves cattle to pastures and helps me gather them to move to other pastures. She lets me know when there is a skunk in the area too! I love her!

earthwalker 03-27-2011 09:22 PM

It's delightful...love the whole thing...that is a brilliant photo. Would make a great card or biscuit tin pic. What could be more perfect, a "quilted" quilter's cabin, a line full of quilts and a part-time inspector (when she's not herding). Thanks...you brightened up my afternoon!