Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2 T-shirt quilts..totally screwed up one.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2-t-shirt-quilts-totally-screwed-up-one-t124838.html)

watterstide 05-22-2011 03:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
:shock: i didn't realize it until i took pictures of it..

now i hve to come up with something to "fix" it..i am NOT taking it apart.
maybe chenille the sides of the block?

the colors for both were blue and yellow the boys one turned out great..
the girls one..it a wreck!

i am just sick over this..

boys
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200378[/ATTACH]

girls
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200379[/ATTACH]

jbud2 05-22-2011 03:34 AM

I'm sorry - I just don't see the problem!!

erstan947 05-22-2011 03:36 AM

From where I sit they both look wonderful.

KarenR 05-22-2011 03:36 AM

All the little black squares are in the right places-

I don't see a problem either!
They are beautiful!

ckcowl 05-22-2011 03:37 AM

so what happened with the second one? nothing is obvious to us from your pictures???
they both look very nice.

sewnsewer2 05-22-2011 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by jbud2
I'm sorry - I just don't see the problem!!

Me either! They look GREAT!! :thumbup:

scrapykate 05-22-2011 03:41 AM

I like them both, the boys blocks really pop but the girls are more subtle, like the little corner blocks.
Rick rack is back in and might look nice on a couple of them, but i think I would leave it alone.

SueDor 05-22-2011 03:59 AM

I am not sure what you are complaining about. If it is that the t-shirts aren't lined up straight, thats pretty hard to do with all the different sizes of pictures. I think you did a great job.

mcdaniel023 05-22-2011 04:19 AM

They both look great. I really love the boy one though.

MTS 05-22-2011 04:32 AM

Ouch.

Well, it's one of two things.

Is it just that the sashing on those 2 blocks in the middle column are not positioned properly (or the right size)?

Or is it the sashing around all the blocks in the girl's quilt?

The shadowboxing used in the first quilt was really quite effective.

Were you trying to do that in the 2nd quilt and made the shadowbox sashings yellow/black instead black/yellow?

(However, if that was what you were trying to do, then all the background would need to be black not yellow to make it stand out).

Isn't is amazing how the human mind can spend hours staring at something and not notice something like that?
Been there, done that. More than I care to admit.

That shadowbox effect in the boy's quilt is very, very cool. I think it takes the quilt to a higher level than the standard t-shirt quilt you see everywhere. The black sashing also dilutes the yellow a bit (and I'm a yellow lover). It looks fabulous.

You've got so much time and $$$ invested in these quilts already. I don't think there is any quick fix that won't make it look like a quick fix.

I'd tell you what I'd do, but I doubt you're gonna like it. ;-)

But when you sew it back together, you'll be so surprised at how quickly it goes the 2nd time around. At least it does for me. ;-) :mrgreen: