Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A poll of sorts on what length table runner you would buy.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/poll-sorts-what-length-table-runner-you-would-buy-t143079.html)

barnbum 08-06-2011 08:56 AM

I'm making many for a craft show in November. With the bargello type, I can make them 20" or 40" long. (The width is about 14" if that matters. The price is $30 or $60 if that counts.)

So--please let me know if you saw a gorgeous runner done in floral bargello :lol: :wink: would you buy a 20" or 40".

I'll make more of whatever the results are.
Thanks!

AZTeri 08-06-2011 09:00 AM

I would probably get the 40" one, only because I have a large table.

More importantly, do you have a pattern for this? I want to make one each in Thanksgiving and Christmas colors, and to match my china, but I haven't done a bargello yet and am kind of unsure how to do it!

crafty pat 08-06-2011 09:01 AM

I would buy 20 for my small table and 40 for the dinning room.

barnbum 08-06-2011 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by crafty pat
I would buy 20 for my small table and 40 for the dinning room.

Ooo--I hope you come to the craft show! :D

barnbum 08-06-2011 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by AZTeri
I would probably get the 40" one, only because I have a large table.

More importantly, do you have a pattern for this? I want to make one each in Thanksgiving and Christmas colors, and to match my china, but I haven't done a bargello yet and am kind of unsure how to do it!

Nope. Well sort of... but since I'm selling, I'm not sharing. ;) Sorry!

noahscats7 08-06-2011 09:06 AM

I'd prefer 40" but (call me cheap) I can't see $60 for a table runner. I'd find a pattern you can make and sell in the everyday consumer's price range. Glenda

barnbum 08-06-2011 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by noahscats7
I'd prefer 40" but (call me cheap) I can't see $60 for a table runner. I'd find a pattern you can make and sell in the everyday consumer's price range. Glenda

Those who have seen them say it's a very fair price... there are 20+ different fabrics in each. One even said the price "is a steal." So, I'll start here and adjust if necessary. They've all sold so far!
;)

Tink's Mom 08-06-2011 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum

Originally Posted by noahscats7

Those who have seen them say it's a very fair price... there are 20+ different fabrics in each. One even said the price "is a steal." So, I'll start here and adjust if necessary. They've all sold so far!
;)

Having seen the table runners you make...I think it is a steal for $60...I know that you obsess about which fabrics bring out the best in all the others, and they are just beautiful!!!
Personally, I would only need a smaller one, but the larger size will show the pattern more. Sorry, Karla, not much help...

suezq 08-06-2011 09:50 AM

I would probably buy the 40" although it wouldn't fit my table that is quite long. Would love to see the pattern yhou are using, as I would like to make a few as gifts for the kids.

amma 08-06-2011 10:01 AM

I think both sizes will sell as not everyone has the same size tables, and then there are those who will be buying them for gifts too :D:D:D