Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Juki HZL-11 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/juki-hzl-11-a-t227362.html)

frudemoo 08-06-2013 06:00 AM

Juki HZL-11

6 Attachment(s)
Seriously folks. This is the coolest thing ever. Trust me - even if you don't think it's that cool - it's just because there's too much coolness for your brain to process all in one hit ;)

My new toy. Very excited.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]428630[/ATTACH]

The light is seriously awesome. It has a short lead that is concealed in its base and plugs into the back of the machine. You can then flip open up the top and position the light wherever you need it. I spent ages trying to figure out where things were because it came with no manual. Like, where's the thread spool pin?? ... Hey presto! ..... and then, where do you wind a bobbin?? - Finally noticed the very low key set up on the bottom right hand side of the machine.

Everything goes back into its case compartments just like a little bento box. I'll have more to say on this when I have more time, just wanted to share a few pics! :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]428631[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]428632[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]428633[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]428634[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]428635[/ATTACH]

Caroline S 08-06-2013 06:22 AM

:thumbup: That IS the ultimate in coolness. So sleek and modern. Love the light.

pocoellie 08-06-2013 06:28 AM

That IS a pretty cool looking machine.

Candace 08-06-2013 06:48 AM

I've never seen one before. I'd love to play with it!

mighty 08-06-2013 06:53 AM

It is very cool!!!!!!!!!!!

mlmack 08-06-2013 08:48 AM

I'd love to have a machine like that. I have a White Rotary 659 15-clone that is made by Juki, that employs a rotary thread take up, but it is not as cool as that machine.

foufymaus 08-06-2013 09:26 AM

This! This is seriously cool! I know my little brother would love a machine like this. He's beginning to get in sewing and he loves japanese things.

girliegirl 08-06-2013 10:22 AM

That looks like a sewing machine from STAR WARS! did you steal it from the Storm Troopers!? awesome

frudemoo 08-06-2013 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by girliegirl (Post 6218794)
That looks like a sewing machine from STAR WARS! did you steal it from the Storm Troopers!? awesome

Ha! That's it!!! .... I think you've hit the nail on the head there. I couldn't work out what it reminded me of most, but I think Star Wars is pretty darn close :)

Originally Posted by foufymaus (Post 6218690)
This! This is seriously cool! I know my little brother would love a machine like this. He's beginning to get in sewing and he loves japanese things.

Does he speak Japanese too? - I'm sure he could get one if he did. The only others I've found online have been blogged about by Japanese techs/enthusiasts. I have contacted a couple in the hope that one might share a manual, but it's hard to know if they either speak english or could be bothered replying. Some of them may have even been for sale but I couldn't tell as I can't read Kanji :(

foufymaus 08-06-2013 02:22 PM

He doesnt speak it but can slowly figure out words by reading and phoenetically. Lol