Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A new "member" in our family! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-member-our-family-t230644.html)

rmb282 09-20-2013 04:15 AM

A new "member" in our family!

Just wanted to update you all! DH and I went sewing machine shopping last night. After the ordeal with the salesman from yesterday, the new salesman that I spoke with last evening was so helpful. He really knew the machines and really understood what might be of benefit to me for quilting. In the end both the Janome 6600P and the Babylock Melody are great machines and both would have been such an upgrade from what I have, but I chose the Janome 6600 for the extra throat space and the solid feel of the machine. The salesman gave me a 1/4 inch acufeed foot for half price and the new pink Janome bobbins for the price of the regular bobbins. I also get free cleanings and repairs for a year and free classes if I choose. I hope to get the extra bobbin case that so many recommended for FMQ as well. So excited to get started but alas it will have to wait until DD naptime tomorrow:)!

mom-6 09-20-2013 04:23 AM

Congratulations on your new machine! Glad you got to try out both side by side so you could discover exactly what each could do and how well it fit your sewing style. Have a blast playing with it and I hope DD takes s nice long nap today!!!

Butterfli19 09-20-2013 04:28 AM

omg you must be so excited! I hope your daughter takes a nice lonnnnng nap, lol!

My kids used to sit right on my lap while I sewed, until they got too big to fit. As they got older I would let them remove the pins and put them in the magnet or pin cushion and that kept them occupied for a bit. They learned to understand the process and I let them sew their own little projects as well. Now I'm doing that with my gs but he's a bit more restless!

You are going to love your Janome!

lfletcher 09-20-2013 04:44 AM

I have had the Janome 6500 since 2003 or 2004 and love it. I would highly recommend that you take the free classes. The only complaint I have about my machine is that the manual is rather lacking in detail on how to use some of the features. I bought the free motion bobbin case and really haven't used it so you might want to wait on this until you decide if you really need. Have fun!

luvstoquilt301 09-20-2013 05:18 AM

This is the machine I bought when I upgraded from an old Kenmore 9 years ago. I still love it.

Maggiemay 09-20-2013 05:31 AM

Congratulations! Don't forget to show all of us your creations! Having more throat space made such a big difference in my quilting- you will love it.

mighty 09-20-2013 05:32 AM

congrats enjoy your new machine!!!!!!!

Neesie 09-20-2013 05:42 AM

Congratulations! You're gonna love it! :thumbup:

Mariposa 09-20-2013 05:45 AM

Congrats, and happy sewing!! :)

QuiltnNan 09-20-2013 05:52 AM

congrats on your purchase... enjoy