Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is it bad? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bad-t236593.html)

Kaylabean13 12-12-2013 12:42 PM

Is it bad?

Is it bad that I am excited for the projects I get to start after the rush of Christmas!! I got a bunch of things and one big quilt for myself I am chomping at the bit to start. But am consumed with Christmas gifts! Anyone else got big quilting or project plans after the holiday rush!!??

Annie68 12-12-2013 12:46 PM

Nope, not bad, always fun to be thinking about the next big project we are going to do. Something new is always more exciting than what we are doing now. :)

ILoveToQuilt 12-12-2013 12:49 PM

Is it bad that I "dream" in fabric? Planning out my projects helps me fall asleep. I guess my projects are boring :p!

No, looking forward to future projects is never bad!

Anita

mighty 12-12-2013 01:06 PM

No this is not bad at all!!!!

SueSew 12-12-2013 01:07 PM

Now I have finally given up - having run out of time to do a lot of the cute little paper-pieced ideas (FOUR HOURS to sew 8 teeny little pieces together correctly and now I need another 30 teeny pieces to make one curse 3 1/2" square???) I was planning for the holidays...

I am so ready to look at something new and BIG and exciting for the new year. I bought a Baltimore Blocks book!!!

Sorry to the rels who won't be getting their little paper-pieced thingy's :) they will have to like that gift card instead LOL

SueSew 12-12-2013 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt (Post 6453356)
Is it bad that I "dream" in fabric? Planning out my projects helps me fall asleep. I guess my projects are boring :p!

Anita

Ditto! But hope I stop dreaming about paper piecing miniatures, which was more like a nightmare. I like to dream about fabric shopping!

Neesie 12-12-2013 01:26 PM

I'm feeling the same way. I received some lovely new fabrics and quilt books . . . but dare not even think about using them, until I finish up my Christmas projects. :(

lynnie 12-12-2013 01:31 PM

all done with Christmas gifts a few months ago. looking forward to that great 70% off sale to buy for next year and start on that. looking forward is what gets me thru finishing the quilt i'm working on now. almost done, on to something new.

Kaylabean13 12-12-2013 01:36 PM

Omg!!!! I do the same thing! Or think of quilting designs, and how to stitch them!!! Haha too funny, but I love how we all understand each other here!!

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt (Post 6453356)

Anita

DJ 12-12-2013 01:47 PM

I hope it's not a bad thing, because it's exactly how I feel.

I really can't go to sleep, though, thinking about fabric and quilting projects. I have to get my mind off of it or I'd jump out of bed and into the studio, or off to the fabric store saying "Open! Open! Open!" [flashbacks of the Mervin's commercials]

I am actually done with my Christmas gift-making, so I need to get into the studio and get it organized so that I can get on with some UFOs and/or a new project (part of which just arrived by UPS)!