Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What Are You Doing Today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-you-doing-today-t244302.html)

stitchengramie 04-01-2014 07:11 AM

What Are You Doing Today?

I was wondering what everyone was doing today. As for me, I opened my windows up a crack to let some fresh air into my apartment. Now I am cleaning my sewing room and looking for some fabric for a quilt I want to make. I know its somewheres in my sewing closet but have not yet found. Have you ever gotten fabric for a quilt that you tend to make later and cannot seem to remember where you put it. I am still trying to find my rotary cutter and small scissor I misplaced in December. I know they're here somewhere but just do not know where.

DixieDoodle 04-01-2014 07:19 AM

That is so what I need to do too! I'm still looking for some templates my DH made for me out of plexiglass several years ago, lol. I know they are in there somewhere but where, oh where! :)

toverly 04-01-2014 07:32 AM

That is so what I do when I can't find stuff! I start on the floor and start folding and cleaning the sewing room. I find all sorts of UFO's I didn't know I had. Fabric too! I am sewing on the Carol Doak's 50 paper pieced stars today. I'm doing that challenge and haven't fallen behind yet but, don't have any in store to add the next few weeks. Good luck on your hunt for stuff.

judy363905 04-01-2014 07:43 AM

Unfortunately I will be doing alterations today making a jumpsuit into
Pants with an sports elastic waist for a friend. I want to give them to her
On Thursday. I do not mind doing this would rather be quilting :)

Judy in Phx. AZ

dakotamaid 04-01-2014 07:54 AM

End of March bookwork, than work on my basement kitchen. Hope to sew some this evening. :)

ManiacQuilter2 04-01-2014 10:26 AM

More of my stuff came out of storage (moved in August), been waiting for it since October. Got my box of Moda Marbles, basket of my fat quarters and quilts I was working on before the move!! But now I am trying to find a place to put all this stuff.

nygal 04-01-2014 10:31 AM

I went shopping for fabric for a baby boy quilt I am making.

DOTTYMO 04-01-2014 10:40 AM

First of April new bunting for Angie's shop. EAster eggs with chicks popping out and escaped chickens between.
Now next month not sure yet. Tea party?..

NJ Quilter 04-01-2014 10:47 AM

Had to do some errands today. Stopped in J&O Fabrics in the process. And boy was that a process just trying to get to the place! Was looking for non-quilting fabric and unfortunately they did not have what I was looking for. BUT if you're looking for sports team fabric they are definitely the hot tip. Both fleece and normal quilting cottons.

mrsponcho1 04-01-2014 10:48 AM

Getting ready for a retreat. Why do I think I have to take so much stuff...I do more visiting than sewing...lol