Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing Today?

What Are You Doing Today?

I was wondering what everyone was doing today. As for me, I opened my windows up a crack to let some fresh air into my apartment. Now I am cleaning my sewing room and looking for some fabric for a quilt I want to make. I know its somewheres in my sewing closet but have not yet found. Have you ever gotten fabric for a quilt that you tend to make later and cannot seem to remember where you put it. I am still trying to find my rotary cutter and small scissor I misplaced in December. I know they're here somewhere but just do not know where.
    "Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds" George Eliot

That is so what I need to do too! I'm still looking for some templates my DH made for me out of plexiglass several years ago, lol. I know they are in there somewhere but where, oh where!

That is so what I do when I can't find stuff! I start on the floor and start folding and cleaning the sewing room. I find all sorts of UFO's I didn't know I had. Fabric too! I am sewing on the Carol Doak's 50 paper pieced stars today. I'm doing that challenge and haven't fallen behind yet but, don't have any in store to add the next few weeks. Good luck on your hunt for stuff.

Unfortunately I will be doing alterations today making a jumpsuit into
    Pants with an sports elastic waist for a friend. I want to give them to her
    On Thursday. I do not mind doing this would rather be quilting

Judy in Phx. AZ

End of March bookwork, than work on my basement kitchen. Hope to sew some this evening.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

More of my stuff came out of storage (moved in August), been waiting for it since October. Got my box of Moda Marbles, basket of my fat quarters and quilts I was working on before the move!! But now I am trying to find a place to put all this stuff.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I went shopping for fabric for a baby boy quilt I am making.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    First of April new bunting for Angie's shop. EAster eggs with chicks popping out and escaped chickens between.
    Now next month not sure yet. Tea party?..
    Finished is better than a UFO

Had to do some errands today. Stopped in J&O Fabrics in the process. And boy was that a process just trying to get to the place! Was looking for non-quilting fabric and unfortunately they did not have what I was looking for. BUT if you're looking for sports team fabric they are definitely the hot tip. Both fleece and normal quilting cottons.

Getting ready for a retreat. Why do I think I have to take so much stuff...I do more visiting than sewing...lol
    Linda

This morning I started on a piano key border for a quilt for my neice then I took the dog to the vet for his annual blood work and phenobarbital RX. He has seizures :-( I'm going to have some lunch and try to get those borders done today. I want/need to start a new project.

Like Toverly when I can't find stuff it's time to clean up I had to do that last week, I have 3 rulers I use my favorite, my secondary, and the one I should get rid of because I don't like it but don't because I end up using it when my other ones are hiding from me.....I even got all my fabrics on boards and on my shelves it looks so cool. I do still need to organize my scraps but at least they are all confined to one medium sized vintage suitcase.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

After work, after dinner, tonight I'll be putting the first pieces together on the foundation fabric for a new stained glass quilted wall hanging that I started. Popular pattern of two purple Iris together, but I haven't done a stained glass quilt before so I'm excited to work on this tonight.

I've been cleaning and arranging furniture in the living room (got some new furniture recently). But I'm thinking about a project I started yesterday. It's 12" spinning spools with white and Kaffe Fasset fabric. I want to add some white/lime blocks? Not sure. Will go look at it after I'm done here. It needs something...
    Lori

Nursing a cold.....UGH.....AGAIN...Really ready for spring!

Blog Entries
    I had an exciting day today. My LQS moved and today was her grand opening. I love her new store sew much I spent way more then I intended but had a good time. After dinner I want to play with my new goodies. A good day indeed.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Blog Entries
    went to friends house and made 2 more blocks for my log cabin quilt. came home ordered a larimar ring. took my son to work and out to lunch for pizza, now I need to pick him up from work.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Went to neighboring city to get a perm and found a store with fabric. Happy to find red w tiny random black dots for backing on GD's AOII sorority tee shirt quilt. ASU Red Wolves logo is wolf head in red/black and white, I'm using narrow black sashes on front and the dotted print with black bars the length of quilt top where I am fusing the pocket and small data on the bar, or bars if I have enough, on the back. Am getting excited now. I got home and I am all tuckered out.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Cleaned up emails. Cleaned and rearranged a sewing/work bench. Went to a business class, then the store and made meatballs for supper that are in the oven. Found some small scissors I haven't seen for about 1 1//2 years still in the package. LOL!

Caught up with tv programs...Grey's Anatomy, Bones, Glee and Antiques Roadshow.
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Went to several Flea Markets and Antique shops with my Sis, and out to lunch.

I had a really fun day. Getting ready to leave for a retreat next week so the four of us gals got together for lunch at my house to "plan" our trip and then spent the afternoon in my sewing studio fondling fabric.
    Miss Rita

Colored my hair, went to Target, spent a few hours at my part time flexible hours job and am trying out a new recipe tonight. Nothing quilting related today.
    Alyce

Had two days with GS, his wife, and GGD. GGD is #10, and will be 6 yrs. old next mo.. They went to the beach, went shopping, and visited with our friends that they hadn't seen for awhile. Needless to say, I haven't been sewing. LOL
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

Well I got my sewing room cleaned. Found pins on my floor while cleaning. Lord knows how I never manage to step on any of them. Found the Cars fabric that I was looking for. Now I just need to find some fabric to go with it. Also, found my sewing machine manual and my big scissors. Still have not found my rotary cutter yet or small scissors.
    "Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds" George Eliot

Went to the quilt guild meeting today but came home right after as it was snowing a lot. When I got home I appliqued the spiders on a block of the Halloween Baltimore Album quilt. Just have the web to embroider and I can start the next block!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast