Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Are You Doing Today?

Spent the day yesterday helping a friend pin some quilts she's giving to her church for prayer quilts. Wonderful day of laughing and talking and of course eating. Today is sandwiching some blocks for a Halloween QAYG. Hubby at work this afternoon taking kids to a ball game on the bus. So I'll have the whole day practically with no one to feed!
    Debra

Blog Entries
    Working right now, but get off at 1pm and don't come back until Sunday. When I get off I'm going to the next city over to my favorite quilt shop and start the first of 3 classes on my emb software (5DPro). Then I'm going to get t-shirt blanks to start my grandkids Easter presents. And hopefully finish my shaw. Tomorrow its supposed to be warm so its outside yard work and Fri and Sat is workshop for Anita G. designs. We're making a quilt block, so excited. I always learn so much at these things. I'm sure hoping that after a very stressful week at work and home my plans will allow me to have some down time from stress.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Today I am sewing. Working on a peeps table runner. Got to go get started.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Reading the quilting board, instead of tackling some border quilting I must do to finish our anniversary quilt. Hubby in the sweet mood to make soup today, so while his oil heated up to saute the veggies, he was chopping. Then the pan caught on fire, and he got nearly hysterical when he turned around. He headed for the back porch with the flaming pan, and I grabbed the cornstarch to smother the fire. We noticed that the smoke detectors, which are hard wired, had no clue there was a fire. (Our ears were thankful for this) He cleaned the pan with the wire brush on his drill - thank goodness it wasn't me with steel wool and baking soda. Then I went back to my quilting downstairs, and he made soup. Just a crazy day in retirementland.
    KEEP CALM and CARRY ON!!

Blog Entries
    I just got back from Kohl's store where I picked up a pair of Croft and Barrow sports sandles. Similar to my husbands but more girly. very comfortable.

At work now, this evening I hope to get the binding on my last quilt. Then get back to sewing blocks together for the next one. My 5th for this year.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    *** Had to take the car in for a Recall Notice.
    *** The car is 13 years old and NOW A RECALL -
    *** inflater on passenger air bag -
    *** I could have been killed 13 times.
    *** WHERE HAVE THESE PEOPLE BEEN all this time ??????
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

I did not do much today. I have been feeling tired and rundown today. Just taking it easy. Hopefully tomorrow I will be more up to speed. I have my good days and bad days when I am feeling ok.
    "Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds" George Eliot

If we're continuing, I'll go again!! I went to my quilt club this morning. Always fun, nice gals, and wonderful Show and Tells. I was disappointed my quilt friend couldn't drive down today though from a couple hours away as bad weather is coming up there. When I got home I worked on some 30's fabric/white blocks. Not sure what exactly I'm making with them yet. My DD said she liked 30's. Who knew!

I am wanting to take a nap because I am sooooo tired, but now I'm waiting for the doctor's office to call me back. Nap or no, later I need to get groceries. It makes me more tired to think of it, but I'm hoping for a 2nd wind.

That's right Stitchingramie, rest and relax when you're not feeling so hot. I hope you're feeling peppier tomorrow.
    Lori

Blog Entries
    I finally was able to get together with some quilting friends for some good talk and laughs
    mark Twain

Today I went to a small quilt exhibit at a local library. Gorgeous quilts!!! Visited with a friend who gifted me a quilt for my vacation home (thanks, Pat!), organized fabric for my next project (Broken Star by Laundry Basket Quilts) and cooked dinner for my DH. Watching a "cheesy" movie right now...and of course, posting on QB. Tomorrow is grocery shopping and a stop at JAF (of course).

Have a great night everyone!
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Blog Entries
    Dr. appointment today them home to play with a new quilting stamp I just bought. It makes the cutest little bow-ties
    mark Twain

Feeling a bit better today. I am getting things around to go spend the weekend at my daughters and son-in-laws house. I will be taking care of the grandkids until Monday. It's a sad time for them right now. My son-in-law's aunt passed away last night.

Its a sunny day here in Michigan. I am working on several quilts for Sadie's Dream for a Cure and for the PIECES organization that donates quilts to local foster care children. This is a newly formed organization that can use all the help they can get. I am a member of PIECES with a few other quilters.

Thank you STITCHENGRAMIE for continuing. I enjoy hearing what everyone is doing.

I just finished up a "hot mess" I started over the weekend. I had some matching fat quarters that I started sewing into long strips, mixing the strips with white. I didn't like it, so I started cutting the pieced strips into chunks. I've finally arranged everything into an acceptable quilt top. Really I just wanted something to practice FMQ on! I'm doing baby sized quilts for donating to a church.

Now I have to start on a "gray" baby quilt that I've been putting off because it's not sounding too exciting.
    Lori

Blog Entries
    I am not doing much at all today. I don't feel well and am getting prepared for another cat scan tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    today I am baking for church coffee hour. Hope to also finish a little sewing.
    mark Twain

Well yesterday I had a doctors appointment and cut squares for a quilt I am making. Today I plan on quilting a toddler quilt that I made over the winter. I should get out some of my UFO's and finish them before I start anymore projects. However, I like working on several quilts at the same time.

I just got back from the pool at the gym. Now I'm going to add the last gray strip to my gray baby quilt. Then I will piece the back so it's reversible.
    Lori

I thought I'd start this again by telling you what I did today. I washed most of my recent fabric finds today. I had 5 loads to get it all done but it's clean and wound on the cardboard from JoAnn's and ready to go. Still looking for a way to store all my different material so it's all together when I want to look for something. Like Christmas, patriotic, other holiday fabric, kids and so on. Any good suggestions?? I'm in the basement and trying to come up with good storage solutions.
    Debra

Blog Entries
    today i made some more units for my hexie quilt. i'm putting one on top of two. i'm calling it prism gems.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Had an epidural injection Wed. and felt good this morning, so went to the grocery store. I think pushing the cart caused my back to begin hurting again, so couldn't do much of anything this afternoon. Was hoping the back would be doing better after the injection but know it is a temporary fix. Going to try to work on a lap quilt I am hand quilting tonight...

Am at a 3 day retreat. I did complete the 3 items that I had planned. Tomorrow I have 2 hugh items to make and complete. Sunday is to make a donation quilt. Have fun as the weather is swell ! Hugs and happy quilting.....

It's fun that this was started again! I didn't do anything quilty today. I've been sick for 2 weeks, all my tests were negative, and Immodium is not working at all. So decided to try gluten free starting today. So far, no incidents. Got my fingers crossed. Tomorrow I'm planning to start my Tula Pink rectangle blocks in different shades of purple Kona fabric for my Modern Quilt Club.
    Lori

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2