Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I can't belive I just did that. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-cant-belive-i-just-did-t246515.html)

JoanPD 05-08-2014 08:10 PM

I can't belive I just did that.

I was working on a quilt, and I lined up a bunch of pieces, and got them all ready to chain piece. I went to iron them, and I sewed them together backwards. Instead of pinning right side to right side, I pined right side to wrong side, now off to find the seam ripper.

Thankful it was only 16, and of those there are four from a fabric that looks the same on both sides.

stillclock 05-08-2014 08:29 PM

ugh. UGH!

tea time. wine time. bed time!

all. none. stitch ripper. go :)

aileen

stella63 05-09-2014 12:48 AM

I feel your pain, ask me how I know !!! Lol you won't do it again for a long while now though.

Auntie V 05-09-2014 02:41 AM

I think we have all done it a time or two. In a pinch I have even used the back side of a fabric as an additional fabric choice in a few projects.

PaperPrincess 05-09-2014 04:18 AM

Yesterday I chain pieced 24 curved patches, pressed them, THEN looked more closely & realized that I hadn't reset my needle position for 1/4". Turned off my machine for the day & will deal with them later this morning. After coffee. We all do something like this at one time or the other.

Knight 05-09-2014 04:21 AM

Last week I sewed a row on my queen quilt upside down. A whole row! There may have been tears when I was ripping the seams.

Chasing Hawk 05-09-2014 04:26 AM

Happy to have you as a member of the wrong side sewing club!!

We all did this at one time or another.

Grab a glass of tea, turn on the music and start taking them apart.

Make the music loud so no one can hear the cuss words...........LOL

GingerK 05-09-2014 04:34 AM

Uh huh. I can top all of you. I was monogramming sayings onto the binding of a wedding quilt. And got one side upside down. 20 inches of teeny tiny stitched letters. Took me 3 hours to oh so carefully pick out. Replacing the piece was not an option. I was working with a VERY finite amount of fabric.

After that I made large notes to myself with detailed drawings and instructions. This marriage should last forever, considering how much perseverance I have poured into the quilt!

Sewnoma 05-09-2014 04:59 AM

Oh man...been there, done that! A couple years ago (when I first started out) I decided I had to make a mountain of quilts for everyone for Christmas and then got sick about halfway through. I was working on a quilt for my niece and I sewed a whole border on inside-out. Ripped it all out, pressed the fabric back flat, and promptly sewed it back on exactly the same wrong way again.

That was when I learned that my brain does NOT function when I am sick and I should stay far away from my sewing machine when I am not well!

Billi 05-09-2014 05:09 AM

Ughhhhhhh I hate when that happens.

And Sewnoma I have also torn out a mistake and the redid it exactly the same......my favorite was tearing out a mess redoing it then realizing I had it right the first time, seriously I think I cried when I did that one.