Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does a quilter have fabric? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-quilter-have-fabric-t257476.html)

SuzzyQ 11-28-2014 04:58 PM

Does a quilter have fabric?

For everyone who needs a giggle today -
My teacher friend emailed earlier today and asked if I had fabric scraps to donate for school art projects. Well, I collect scraps from the quilters in my quilting group and others and have gathered - at last count - 7 large totes. so yes I do - and since I'm getting a little beyond my capacity to store - please come and help yourself.
She just left with a tote of fabrics and batting and promised to come back.
I had her come while I was home since DD and DH would have filled her car ...

wesing 11-28-2014 06:12 PM

My F-I-L had several responses to questions with obvious affirmative answers. "Is the Pope Catholic?" and "Is a bluebird blue?" Are two of my personal favorites. Sounds like this was a win-win day for you and your friend.

mike'sgirl 11-28-2014 06:13 PM

Good use for scraps. Your a generous soul.

AudreyB 11-28-2014 08:25 PM

Scraps seem to multiply. In addition to my own scraps, my friends dump (er a, give) their scraps to me. How nice to have a good project for them.

MaryMo 11-28-2014 09:16 PM

It seems the more scraps I use, the more there are.

DOTTYMO 11-28-2014 10:53 PM

Does a quilter have quilts. I read an article in the village news about Christmas gifts for the children's ward . Well I had a few quilts not finished if I finished them they could be gifts couldn't they. Well a week later 12 quilts ready to go ranging in age from 0 to 16 , although friends are trying to pinch one her age definately older than 16 times 5.

Fabric scraps no problem

SulaBug 11-28-2014 11:57 PM

How LUCKY for your teacher friend & how thoughtful of you to be able to give her so much for her students to do projects with. I am sure all scraps will be well used!
:D :D :D :D

GailG 11-29-2014 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by wesing (Post 6987636)
My F-I-L had several responses to questions with obvious affirmative answers. "Is the Pope Catholic?" and "Is a bluebird blue?" Are two of my personal favorites. Sounds like this was a win-win day for you and your friend.

Yes, and on the other side of the coin is the one who has just learned that you are a quilter and asks, "Would you take scraps? I've got a lot.":D
A few weeks ago, a neighbor knocked at my door (she had DRIVEN OVER) and said that she had a box of scraps in her car for me! WHAT?!!! When this happens I quickly go through them and select a few (to make them happy) and then say that it's really all I can use. THEN I give them a name of a woman down the street who does charity sewing.:p

ManiacQuilter2 11-29-2014 05:42 AM

I agree, sometimes I wonder if my scraps keep multiplying like bunnies do !!

hsweany 11-29-2014 06:12 AM

I take bags of scraps to use in the art center in my K class. You should see some of the creations they make. I've been saving Christmas and snowman scraps to take in Monday.