Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Members names and what they mean (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/members-names-what-they-mean-t262055.html)

littlebitoheaven 03-02-2015 04:43 PM

Members names and what they mean

I love seeing the Members names and am wondering if we could have a thread going where we can tell how we came up with our name and if it has a special meaning.

I will start: My name is "littlebitoheaven". Being seniors, my husband and I decided to build (literally build) a new home on land in Wisconsin that has been in my husband's family for over 100 years. It took us six years to complete. We did hire the foundation; the dry wall and the roof to be contracted out. The rest we did ourselves. I especially loved putting in the wood floors. When we finished the house, I said that it should be called a "littlebitoheaven" as it is in a wooded area overlooking a small river. We love the serenity and the scenery and feel so blessed to have this home.

dakotamaid 03-02-2015 04:47 PM

Ok, I'll go. Dakotamaid is the brand of flour that I grew up with in North Dakota. Seemed appropriate when I was needing an internet name. :)

Quilting Grandma 03-02-2015 04:58 PM

I have 15 grandkids and soon to have 10 great grandkids. They are the joys of my life. I love their reactions to the quilts.

panderz 03-02-2015 05:02 PM

My name is Amanda but I have always gone by Mandi. When I was little my uncle use to call me manderz panderz and it was eventually shortened to Panderz. I have used it for all my online, sceen, and emails from the time I was old enough to use a computer although it wasn't until I was about 20 that I found out where I got the nickname.

<3 Mandi <3

Chester the bunny 03-02-2015 05:07 PM

From one of my rescued dump bunnies. His name eventually morphed into Fester ..... but I thought Chester was more dignified for the board.

He's the brown one...... The black one was Sam. (Sambunnydoo)

humbird 03-02-2015 05:18 PM

Mine is pretty obvious. Hummers are my favorite bird.

Cheshirecatquilter 03-02-2015 05:19 PM

I have spent nearly all my life in Cheshire, Massachusetts in view of Mount Greylock. This has been a wonderful place to grow and live and raise a family and now have grandchildren. I've collected a few pictures of the Cheshire Cat because I'd like to incorporate one of them into a quilt someday. I should change my avatar one of these days, because my ginger Cheshire Cat, Franky, has been gone for well over a year now.

AngeliaNR 03-02-2015 05:20 PM

Just my name :)

Nammie to 7 03-02-2015 05:26 PM

I have 7 grandchildren. When the oldest started talking she called me Nammie -- couldn't get the g sound. So I am Nammie to 7.

MsHeirloom 03-02-2015 05:30 PM

My name is Pam. I have owned a custom bridal business for almost 20 years which is named Future Heirlooms- All Things Bridal and Beautiful. It has been shortened to Future Heirlooms. I am a sole proprietor and have used MsHeirloom for my user name on many online discussion groups.